1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to view and order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Stock up !!

Discussion in 'Ammunition' started by schotzfyred, Jul 22, 2018.

1. Djcala

Djcala .30-06 Supporter

Yes and can be traded for anything needed, the slow way or the fast way....
    Bobster, nitesite and meanstreak like this.
  2. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

I don't think I ever got back with a RANGE REPORT but both guns (K98 and Lorcin .380) fire fine with the new ammo pictured. CORRECTION: the curved, aftermarket safety noted above is for SCOPE clearance, not bolt clearance.

The Lork is adequately accurate at 15' and we were able to hit the black in a bullseye at that distance. Burned about 1/2 the box of .380 "testing" it. I don't know if I mentioned it here, but that gun empty weighs MORE than a small Taurus 9mm I have with 12+1 in it! :eek:

The K98 is in definite need of a better scope instead of the BB gun-quality 60 year old specimen it has on it now. :rolleyes: We were able to hit the gong at 100yds with regularity but I was not able to get it onto 8.5x11 paper at that distance and I hadn't brought a spotting scope to check POI. I have a new, cheapy Burris? 3-9x40 I picked for $10 after rebate I am going to mount for the next outing.

Fired one of the boxes of new ammo and retained all of the cases for future re-use. Also "clicked" and waited through 40-50 rounds of the aforementioned duds and the bullets have since been pulled from the Berdan-primed steel cases. Still have about 40 or so "duds" to go during the next range outing.

NOTICE! 1 or 2 of the "duds" actually fired! :eek: So let this be a lesson to those of you when "processing" dud ammo in this fashion to ALWAYS POINT THE FIREARM IN A SAFE DIRECTION!

This was also the outing where the Beretta .40 experienced multiple crap reload malfunctions. More bullets I'll be pulling...
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

13853.jpeg
    This is some bulk .45 acp and .45-70 brass, and jacketed slugs + 5000 asstd primers. I got this all about half price from auction.

I also picked up four boxes of Federal .30-30 flat nosed 150 grain game loads at Walmart. I still haven't made a really good .30-30 cartridge myself, but I've loaded 45s successfully.

Hopefully I will get set up to load the 45-70s soon but in the meantime I've got 120 rounds to keep me busy.

I am also anxious to mold some shotgun slugs from my new Lee slug molds.

But there's a lot of Charity sale stuff that needs to disappear from my garage before I have the room to even get started right now.
    meanstreak likes this.