1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Stop the NYS Firearms Ban Now!

Discussion in 'Gun Rights, Fights and Rallies' started by ceesman762, Jan 8, 2013.

1. ceesman762

ceesman762 Copper BB

Protect your rights! Contact your legislator and be heard!

All phone numbers and links are listed below.

Governor at (518) 474-8390, then click the link to leave a message http://www.governor.ny.gov/contact/G...ontactForm.php
    Senate Majority Co Leader Dean Skelos (518) 455-3171
    http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/dean-g-skelos
    Senate Majority Co Leader Sen. Jeffrey Klein, D-Bronx 518-455-3595
    http://www.nysenate.gov/senator/jeffrey-d-klein/contact
    and Sheldon Silver 518-455-3791
    http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/Sheldon-Silver/contact/
    Make plans now to call on Monday or Tuesday!
    You should also forward this to every gun owner you know. Make them call too! Notify you clubs and organizations.
    WE MUST STAND TOGETHER!
    Paddywhack 12g likes this.
  2. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

Calling now...posted on FB as well...
  3. ceesman762

ceesman762 Copper BB

4. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

called, gonna email soon, sent letters to the entire codes committee last week signed personally by me.
  5. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

6. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Nice highlight at the end John. I take it to mean when parts are found unconstitutional, only that one small part of the law would be revoked. It sounds like they expect that to happen. Plus, It would take many lawsuits and years of time to fight them all off through the courts.
  7. John A.

OK, so now you're wanting to limit how many guns a person can own?

Look out all you 22 rimfire owners. Your model 60's and other tube fed guns you learned how to shoot during cub scouts are going to become assault weapons next if this passes.

Already against the law and is a felony stupid. That's what the ATF in their profound all knowing wisdom calls an AOW.

Look it up sometime zero.

So you don't want to ban shotguns, per say.

you just want to ban shotguns with aftermarket accessories on them.

Oh.

well that doesn't make sense either.

There's that pesky sporting purposes clause again.

I have looked several times, and cannot find sporting purposes mentioned in the Constitution, nor the Bill of Rights, nor any of the Amendments. Maybe they could point that out to us where they found it.

Let me just make it easy to show everyone what makes a weapon assault.

Foolish people. They don't want your guns, they just want accessories off of the streets.

Duh.

pistol grip
    [​IMG]

second pistol grip
    [​IMG]

grenade launcher attachment
    [​IMG]

flash hider
    [​IMG]

muzzle brake
    [​IMG]
    OR
    [​IMG]

barrel shroud
    (Sorry, I still have never seen one of these mythical creatures. I have heard rumors they're made of unicorn horns ???)

high capacity magazine
    [​IMG]

*But not to be confused with a low capacity magazine
    [​IMG]

Also, the little tube on the bottom of this piece of professional assassin gear that holds so many bullets, MUST be taken off of the streets.
    [​IMG]

Collapsible buttstock
    [​IMG]

Folding buttstock
    [​IMG]

extended tubular magazine
    [​IMG]
  8. carbinemike

We still don't have the Feinstein federal ban wording but I think what is posted above is the blue print of what we will be dealing with.

John, thanks for posting the bill and your comments pointing out the crap they have in it!
  9. Water Monkey

We currently live under the 94 AWB word by word here in NY.

they are trying to take it to the next level. So far a bunch of us on Long Island have done our part but obviously many others here can do more.

Hope we have done enough to make a stink as I hear the Rebublicans in our Senate are starting create a divide on the stance with the Democrats. The NY Senate is our only chance as our Assembly is controlled by the Dems.
  10. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Don't forget fixed magazines capable of holdingmore than 5 rounds. Next will be to require a state registry of all firearrms.

My friends in NY, I'm sorry for what you're goin through as we'll all be goin through it soon. I'm sick of this on every level and only the law abiding are demonized. New laws mean nothing when what they aim to prevent is already illegal, penalties already exist. So the only logical conclusion is that it has nothing to do. With preventing violent crime, the sole purpose is control and a step towards complete confiscation. I didn't see a "grandfather" clause in there either. What happens when firearms are legislated against and forced to be registered? Its been done before and in a number of different places. I can't come up with any other conclusion and its sickening.

Time to fight, all of us. I'll repost the info and spread the word as much as I'm able.
  11. John A.

I heard on another forum that there is a big gathering scheduled in
    entire post

12. Tim4k5

Tim4k5 .270 WIN

The NY Bill is nearly a word-for-word match to the proposals that were put down here in Illinois last week. I hate to sound like a conspiracy theory whack-job, but these actions at the State level are being coordinated by Washington. They are looking for ONE State to actually pass this so it can be used as precedence for any SCOTUS action. Plus, everyone is so focused on fighting in their own State that they think they can sneak something through D.C........not gonna happen clowns.

Emails sent to all the above contacts, though I'm sure they will be ignored because I'm from out of State......Oh well, I'll call and pester their secretaries tomorrow and remind them about the "Shall not be infringed" bit.
  13. Water Monkey

according to the daily news the gun confiscation is off the table but the registration part may still be. No Bueno.
  14. carbinemike

Cuomo grand standing today. (please keep him in NY!):

One of the most hotly-anticipated elements of Governor Andrew Cuomo’s annual State of the State address today was his plan to enact “sweeping” gun control reforms in New York. In his speech, the governor outlined a seven-point gun control plan focused on “high capacity assault rifles” that he promised would be one of the “toughest” in that nation and lead similar laws to spread beyond New York.

“Gun violence has been on a rampage as we know firsthand and as we know painfully,” said the governor. “We must stop the madness, my friends. In one word it’s just ‘enough.’ It has been enough. We need a gun policy in this state that is reasonable, that is balanced, that is measured.”

The governor continued by saying his gun control proposals are not about “taking away people’s guns.”

As he has in the past, the governor tried to boost his credibility on the issue by emphasizing the fact he is a gun owner. (CB - B.F.D.)

“We respect hunters and sportsmen. This is not taking away peoples’ guns,” Mr. Cuomo said. ”I own a gun. I own a Remington shotgun. I’ve hunted, I’ve shot. That’s not what this is about. It’s about ending the unnecessary risk of high-capacity assault rifles. That’s what this is about.”

To that end, the governor outlined the items on his seven-point gun plan.

“Number 1: Enact the toughest assault weapon ban in the nation, period!” he shouted, before ticking off his other new gun control proposals. “Number two, close the private sale loophole by requiring federal background checks. Number three, ban high-capacity magazines. Number four, enact tougher penalties for illegal gun use, guns in school grounds and violent gangs. Number five, keep guns from people who are mentally ill. Number six, ban direct internet sales of ammunition in New York. Number seven, create a state [National Instant Criminal Background Check System] check on all ammunition purchases.”

Mr. Cuomo predicted the rest of the country will follow New York’s lead and adopt stiffer gun laws. (CB - not likely)
    “New York State led the way on guns once before. It was the Sullivan’s law of 1911, which was the first-in-the-nation gun control law. A model law,” he explained.

“I know that the issue of gun control is hard. I know that it’s political. I know it’s controversial,” the governor said, his voice rising with every word. “I say to you, forget the extremists! It’s simple: no one hunts with an assault rifle! No one needs 10 bullets to kill a deer! Too many innocent people have died already! End this madness now!”

By the end of the speech, the governor was shouting.

“Pass safe, reasonable gun control in the State of New York! Make this state safer! Save lives! Set an example for the rest of the nation! Let them look at New York and say, ‘This is what you can do! This is what you should do!’ This is New York, the progressive capital, you should them how we lead! We can do it! We’ve done it before and we can do it again.” (CB - he should have just yelled "I am civil rights denying asshole"...it would have been quicker and carried the same meanig)

He left the stage to deafening applause from the assembled lawmakers. (CB - NY, you are in a heap of trouble!...I hate to think it but prepare for the worst. Your leadership is horrible)

CB - for everyone else, your state may be heading this way and for all of us, this is pretty much what I expect Feinstein and Obama to go for.
  15. Tim4k5

Tim4k5 .270 WIN

I'm afraid it's coming one way or another.......But I'm still going to fight until my last breath. For the first time in my life I've been looking for an off the record sale to pick up hardware. Probably start looking at some out of state gun shows next week.
  16. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Cuomo and others like him are trying to keep this at a fever pitch, ride out the emotion. Have you ever heard Mussolini talk, or Brezhnev? Seriously, the tone and style are very similar.

There are so many things wrong with what these people are saying! There's got to be a DSM4 diagnosis for what these people are doin and sayin.
  17. Frank Castle

Frank Castle .270 WIN

What are New Yorks current gun laws? What is their Crime Rate? enough said.

He is hearding sheeple to the slaughter.

Frank
  18. carbinemike

Good point Rossignol...and don't forget Hitler!
  19. Tim4k5

Tim4k5 .270 WIN

I know some of you guys are from NY, So what are the actual chances of this passing?

The media played up the Bills here in Illinois like they were a sure thing to pass but in all reality they were a long shot from the get-go that would have taken some underhanded dealing to get through (which Chicongo is good at). Just curious what the real odds are up there from Joe gun-owner on the streets point of view....
  20. Water Monkey

NY is mainly a Democratic controlled Assembly and I am hearing the Repubs in the Senate are starting to buckle. Seems we have fought off the confiscation but they are now trying to ban online ammo sales amongst instituting a full on ban with no grandfathering of the magazines manufactured prior to 1994 (which is legal to own right now).

We are keeping up the pressure and every day more are coming to the call. Hope it is not too late.