• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stop the NYS Firearms Ban Now!

Keep the pressure on them......Stay on top of the pro-gun Reps so they don't back down.

Good luck fighting this one off up there guys......you CAN win this.

Republicans did not come to a deal yesterday. Have left Albany no vote this week. Small victory. Keep up the pressure!!

Governor Cuomo Close To Deal On Sweeping Gun Control

Contact Your Legislators Today and Urge Them to Oppose This Plan

The backroom deals and meetings continue in Albany with little to no input from the law-abiding firearms owners, businesses, and manufacturers that proudly call New York home. Instead of focusing on the criminal misuse of firearms, Governor Cuomo is exploiting tragedies to strip away your Second Amendment rights. Senate Republicans and Democrats seem to be supportive of these new restrictions which will include a complete ban on all modern sporting rifles, and reducing magazine capacity arbitrarily from 10 rounds to 7, what is next 4 rounds? This restriction will impact almost 80 percent of semi-automatic handguns in New York. The magazine restriction will leave many New Yorkers unable to defend themselves and their family since most manufacturers do not make 7 round magazines. In newspapers throughout New York both sides say the deal is imminent and could come as quickly as Monday.

Here are some of the issues contained in the package being negotiated between Governor Cuomo, Co-Leader Dean Skelos, and Speaker Sheldon Silver:

An outright ban on ALL modern sporting rifles. Governor Cuomo even suggested confiscating legally owned firearms!
Outlawing all semiautomatic hunting shotguns with a pistol grip.
Further restricting your ability to defend yourself and family by arbitrarily restricting the magazine size. New York already restricts magazine capacity 10 rounds and seeks to furthur reduce magazine capacity to 7 rounds.
Limiting how much ammunition you can purchase AND possess.
Registration of all ammunition purchases.
Statewide New York City style gun registration; knowing full well criminals won't ever register their guns.
Re-registration and permit renewal every 5 years with ever increasing fees.
Mandatory gun storage laws, like the one the US Supreme Court struck down in the Heller decision.

Co-Leader Skelos is quoted in newspapers today saying that Republicans favor "limiting high-capacity firearm magazines."

I emailed all repubs in the code committee and made several calls one included Skelos.

It sounds like the 2A NYer's have had enough!

Thousands of gun rights advocates and gun-control supporters held dual demonstrations at a gun show in Saratoga Springs Saturday.

The Saratogian reports that gun-rights demonstrators waved flags and held placards in front of the building where the Saratoga Arms Fair was taking place.

A short distance away, activists from Saratogians for Gun Safety held wooden angel-shaped cutouts in memory of recent shooting victims.

Police said about a half-dozen extra officers were put on duty to maintain order. The 30-year-old arms fair has never required additional police presence before.

“Guns didn’t kill six million Jews, but their government did. Gun control made the Holocaust possible,” read one demonstrator’s poster, according to The Saratogian.

Another sign from the rival demonstration reportedly showed a girl firing a high-caliber machine gun with the message, "Number of U.S. gun deaths: 2 many."

Some city residents had called for the cancellation of the gun show after last month's massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn

While obviously, many of us won't be in attendance, is there anything you guys can think of that we can do to help?

Can you give us links to your Reps' websites so we can email them?

It may not do a lot of good having out of state zip codes, but I'd be willing to try it.

What time does it start? I can set aside some time for prayer as well at that time.

http://www.longislandfirearms.com/forum ... ntry703178

This link shows the key people to hit. Skelos is the main guy to bombard but hit all of them. I have heard many out of state people have been calling so any help is appreciated.

I'd call before noon est

I hear our gun lobby is going balls deep Monday too to stall but I'm also hearing back door deals are being finalized. One of which is limiting rifle mags to 7 rounds WTF! As well as banning online ammo sales and possibly making ammo purchases require a NICS check.

Fire mission. Fire mission. Fire mission.

Sent emails to all senators and called 8 key senators personally.

Skelos republican majority leader in our senate is getting flooded. I hear a lot of calls out of state are hitting him too. Keep it up!!! One nation under the banner "don't tread on me!!!"

Hearing we have 24 senators or so on our side. Need about 9 more. Been calling all morning on sway able democrats.

It's tough. Need help. Many here are being defeatist and I will not stand for that. As a martial artist I fight till I stop breathing and will throw one more technique before my heart stops beating. It ain't over.

I'm hoping that everything works out for the best for you guys in NY, but having a plan B isn't a bad idea either just in case.

Assembly will pass this. Fight will be in the senate and it won't look good.

In NYS you have to register all handguns. 99% of them are at the max of 10 rounds. Making it 7 round max makes everyone I know who has a handgun an instant felon.

Sounds like they think the only safe gun is a revolver from the wild west.

I see a rush on 357 and 44 magnum's in the coming months.

Don't give up yet WM and don't drop your chin.

Also, maybe it would help to look up the legal term/definition for:

Ex Post Facto

Which coincidentally, IS illegal according to title I, section 9 of the Constitution of the United States.

Section 9.
The migration or importation of such persons as any of the states now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each person.

The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it.

No bill of attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.

No capitation, or other direct, tax shall be laid, unless in proportion to the census or enumeration herein before directed to be taken.

No tax or duty shall be laid on articles exported from any state.

No preference shall be given by any regulation of commerce or revenue to the ports of one state over those of another: nor shall vessels bound to, or from, one state, be obliged to enter, clear or pay duties in another.

No money shall be drawn from the treasury, but in consequence of appropriations made by law; and a regular statement and account of receipts and expenditures of all public money shall be published from time to time.

No title of nobility shall be granted by the United States: and no person holding any office of profit or trust under them, shall, without the consent of the Congress, accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state.

There's a renewal process for your license. That's where I see it getting ugly. This the ex post facto wouldn't apply IMHO.

It's actually quite sickening and I was hoping NY would have the cajones to fight this like Illinois did last week. I'm hoping our calls and lobbyists have done enough in the senate.

Back