1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Stop the NYS Firearms Ban Now!

Discussion in 'Gun Rights, Fights and Rallies' started by ceesman762, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

Well around midnight tonight we will find out if 90% of law abiding gun owners in NYS (both handgun and long gun) will have a felony possession.

I'm staying up. I want to see this coming if it does with my own eyes.
  2. Water Monkey

Freedom died in NYS at 11:24pm Jan 14, 2013.
  3. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Administrator Global Moderator

Tie everything up in court.
  4. John A.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... s/1833271/
  5. awiner

awiner .270 WIN

Very sad. I'm sure my state of California will follow this lunacy as well.
  6. DHonovich

DHonovich Founder Staff Member Administrator Sponsor "Philanthropist"

Looks like I will be leaving NY...
  7. KentuckyWindage

KentuckyWindage 20g

We have plenty of room in KY! It's a sad day for America!
  8. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

It mentioned the legislature taking this up. Any chance to stop it there?

It's a shame thet NY hates legal gun owners so much.
  9. Water Monkey

There is no Republican Party anymore. Most crossed the line last night including the leader Skelos.

It's basically Feinstein proposed bill.

It will fly through assembly.
  10. OhioArcher

OhioArcher Where's da fishes? Supporter "Philanthropist"

"Assault weapons -- defined as any rifle with a "military style" feature, such as a bayonet or a telescoping stock -- that are currently owned would be grandfathered and would have to be registered with the state. Magazines with a capacity of more than 10 rounds and manufactured before 1994, which are currently legal, would have to be turned over to authorities or sold out of state within one year. If a magazine has a capacity between eight and 10, it would have to be retrofitted to only hold seven rounds."

Does that mean that mags over 10 rounds and manufactured AFTER 2004 are ok to keep? Or did NY not allow any mags over 10 at all after 1994?

And how did they come up with 7 rounds? Not 5, not 8, but 7? Odd number for sure but I'll bet no one makes them. And if State "B" says only 6, and State "C" says 8, what company is going to make them???
  11. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

NY grandfathered in "pre-ban" ('94) mags. Now they're going back and making them illegal. My latin is a little rusty, but isn't that what ex post facto means? Looks like they just wiped their ass with the Constitution...
  12. John A.

He needs to get out from that concrete jungle more often.

If he's referring to hunting rifles, traditionally, since firearms have been made, have always seen dual roles/purposes.

muzzle loaders, lever actions, bolt actions, shotguns, semi auto, etc. All have seen use in military service, all have seen use in the field hunting.

Mr. Cuomo, I challenge you to show information contrary to the fact.

Constitution, nor Bill of Rights, mention sport or hunting in it anywhere and I challenge you again to show me otherwise.

It's not about hunting, it's not about a sport.
  13. express

express .410

what BS!!! one more reason why I will never visit that God forsakin filthy life sucking state
  14. John A.

Sadly, Biden is recommending much of the same to the President according to various articles I am reading on the subject today for the rest of the country.

If not congressional, then by exec. order.
  15. express

express .410

Good for you Remington arms! maybe you guys have but I really haven't heard of many firearm manufactures standing up or rallying on this issue. I would think they could speak very loud and be heard
  16. Water Monkey

All mags over 10 rd capacity need to be removed from nys by jan 2014.

Mags with a max of 10 rd capacity are allowed and grandfathered in if owned before the law was passed (proving this is the trick). But the honor system of only loading 7 rounds in it. If caught with more than 7 rounds is a misdemeanor.

All online ammo sales are forbidden. Must buy from a FFL dealer and must pass a NICS check every time you buy ammo. A database will be set up eventually to track individual ammo sales for flags on large quantity purchases or frequent purchases. Wonder where that money is coming from.

All newly designated assault weapons will require registration. Or must be sold out of state or destroyed by jan 2014. Possession after of a non registered awb will be a felony.

Quick sum of hell. If I could leave I would. I can't I have family obligations which requires my presence in the state of NY.

Lawsuits are being discussed. Not much on the probability of winning.
  17. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

So this officially passed into law? I seached and could not find anything after the senate approval.
  18. Water Monkey

It will pass assembly. It's a democrat pit.

If the assembly held this up it would be because the baby Jesus appeared and turned the bill to dust.

You guys have no idea how fearful hurt and betrayed I am right now. My confidence in my beloved system has been shattered in one 24 minute senate voting session last night.

If I could leave here I would do so without hesitation.
  19. carbinemike

carbinemike Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Sorry to hear it man. It sounds like the only hope is through the courts as un-Constitutional. Hit or miss and could take years.

We'd be proud to have all of you NY MO members in PA (except for the Philly area).

The Philly libs must be slobbering in jealously over the NY ban efforts.
  20. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

DONT GET CAUGHT !!