1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Streamlight

Discussion in 'Flashlights and Weapon Lights' started by LAZY EYED SNIPER, Apr 24, 2014.

1. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

My Streamlight arrived today.

This is my TLR1. There are many like it, but this one is mine...

[​IMG]
    ripjack13 and Rossignol like this.
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Just mounted a Streamlight Polytac on a Magpul rail mount to the carbine...

[​IMG]

http://www.streamlight.com/it-it/product/product.html?pid=159

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's some info on the mount...

[​IMG]

http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG498/rails

The PolyTac seems like a great light so far and the Magpul mount is pretty versatile. Used a right side mount on the top rail to position the light at 11 o'clock. With the AFG2 this puts my thumb right in position to activate the light...
    Mr. Firearm and Rossignol like this.
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Ordered a Protac 1L and Protac HL and they arrived today...

[​IMG]

The Protac 1L...

[​IMG]

The Protac HL...

[​IMG]

Rossignol likes this.
  4. LAZY EYED SNIPER

These will replace two of my mounted lights. The Protac 1L will replace an old iTac TFL2 that's mounted on my pistol. Both lights are pretty small. The Protac 1L is a bit smaller and a little brighter at 180 lumens vs. the 120 lumens output from the TFL2. I like that the buttons on the Protac series lights are shrouded, making it more difficult for the button to be accidentally depressed while riding in a case or carry bag...

[​IMG]

It sits right up next to the front sight with the button in close reach...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rossignol likes this.
  5. LAZY EYED SNIPER

The Protac HL will replace the Streamlight Polytac that's mounted on my carbine. They are roughly the same size...

[​IMG]

...but the output difference, 600 lumens HL vs. the 275 lumen Polytac makes the Protac HL better suited for outdoor use...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Rossignol likes this.
  6. RyanMac

RyanMac .410

I have had great luck with the PolyTac's North of 500rds through my 590 with the PolyTac in the Elzetta mount and over 2500 rds with a PolyTac on my AR. No issues.
    LAZY EYED SNIPER likes this.
  7. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

Man, they look great and your pics as always are awesome!
  8. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I like my TLR1. Have it on my K245.

My usual rifle/carbine mounted lights are a ray-o-vac indestructible AA light though.
  9. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Thank you Sir.

I have several of these things now. I keep another ProTac HL strapped to the roll bar in the Jeep for quick access...

[​IMG]

We also have a PolyTac in almost every room of the house for emergency use...
  10. dieselmudder

dieselmudder .30-06 Elite Member "Philanthropist"

I love those polytac. Tough and lightweight. I too have a streamlight handheld available throughout the house. And two weapon mounted.
  11. WNCmotard

WNCmotard .270 WIN Supporter

LES, is the little 1L weapon rated?
  12. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Cant find any manufacturer details on weapon rating, but it's held up great on my 5.56 pistol...
  13. WNCmotard

WNCmotard .270 WIN Supporter

Good to know, I really dig the low profile. Thanks LES.
  14. LAZY EYED SNIPER

No problem.

I don't baby it either. The pistol gets tossed around in the Jeep, dropped in the gravel, and banged around at the range. I haven't managed to break it yet, so it's ok by me...
  15. dwb

dwb .410

I have really enjoyed the StreamLight TLR-1 HL on my G17 Gen 4. And with the right holster, it's a nice setup. Now I want one for my shotgun.

IMG_2027 (1).JPG
    nitesite and LAZY EYED SNIPER like this.
  16. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Nice looking rig...
    dwb likes this.
  17. MikeT

MikeT .270 WIN

I wish there was a switch lock on these lights. I found my AR's TLR-1HL had been activated inside its soft case. Not real good for the nylon or the batteries :-(
  18. MikeT

MikeT .270 WIN

Oh yeah, great looking setup.
    dwb likes this.
  19. Tuflehundon

Tuflehundon .270 WIN

Used to be Surefire was the only way to go, and I have several of them. But I'm now tending to buy Streamlights. I just get more for a lower cost.
  20. 590guy

590guy .270 WIN Supporter

Great looking setups LES...only wish those were legal in NY.