• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Stuff yall already know !!!

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
Heres my dumb post for the day. I was at a meeting of church security team, for a presentation. At some point the age old caliber war started. I know to not engage, i just listen. Now i heard 380 is same as 9mm fall out of a mouth and bit lip really hard. Its not my intent to beat dead horses or debate physics. But this morning i found this cool piece of 2 inch thick polycarbonate of some sort. And decided lets play a minute. First up my ever present lil companion .380. Bang meh , then 9mm much bigger impact but meh, then .40 sw little more still meh. Soo 5.56 now were getting somewhere full penetration but i believe i have a better solution for the 7 yard/21foot test. Lets see about a good ole 20g slug, yup thatll do it. What have we learned ? Nothing really but if attacked by a big thick piece of lexan and ya what an instant complete destruction dead stop, use a slug i suppose Nuff said.
Ps NO my dang lil 380 is not the freakin same as 9mm at all not even a little bit Aaasrrrrggggghhhhhhh!!!!!20180707_094627.jpg 20180707_094639.jpg 20180707_095045.jpg

Well theoretically .380 (9mmK) IS the same as 9mm Para... calibre wise... but the 9mm P bullet is heaver, and travelling faster..! :D

The main thing that jumped out at me from your post was: "church security team"... WTH..?!?!

The first thing that sprang to mind after reading that was the "mall ninja" saga... (no offence..!)

Yes .380 and 9mmpara same as tac hammer and framing hammer are both hammers ☺
Church security has zero to do with mall ninja, has to do with protecting innocent people from those who would harm them while worshipping. Churches are a prime target of bad actors, a distracted bunched up crowd. Our church has elected to not be a victim rather be proactive in our own protection. Unfortunately we currently do not have any ninjas in the flock but would accept them. We are reduced to a couple retired soldiers and marines as well as several police officers/deputies and a couple well intentioned civilians for the moment. So you may hear of a church shooting around here but you will not hear of a church massacre while we are members. Does that clarify ?? @Daryll

Last edited:
1530985797302267835763.jpg one of these things is not like the other one of these things is not the same. Burt and Ernie used to sing that ☺

I have no problem at all with armed security at churches. None whatsoever. For that matter, I have no problem with armed security anywhere as long as they have good sense.

The church that I used to go to was a small church. Less than 50 active members at any given time.

Of those 50 members, more than a dozen had their CCW's. Not that we ever had to worry about it, but the preacher used to joke around sometimes that if anyone wanted to come into this church to cause people harm, to pray for the shooter.

@Daryll there have been numerous churches who have been attacked by people in recent years. Two really big ones was the church in Charleston WV and another in Texas where the killers just went in and started shooting people.

We are also a very small country church. With many CCWs, LEOs, and Veterans after some conversations we decided to come up with a formal plan of action for various contingencies not just active shooter. We put together a group of volunteers with knowledge skills and abilities to plan and train. It was our thought this would be preferable to mass chaos in heat of the moment. We handled as a congregation just like a tornado drill at school when we were all kids. Im a firm believer in plan for worst pray for best. We love our friends family and church therefore just like our homes we have a protection plan of action vs hoping all is ok. All members are informed, and many are trained and practice regularly all aspects from trauma causality aid to armed and unarmed defense. Choices to make, Welcome to 2018.

Wow my joke thread went off the rails, lol. Who knows maybe it starts a thought or conversation that saves a life though ?

I have a .45/1911 I bought for $600.
I just bought a .45/70 Govt for $600 (!)

It's only a few letters on the keyboard . . . What could be the difference?

:doh:

Wow my joke thread went off the rails, lol. Who knows maybe it starts a thought or conversation that saves a life though ?

And my (semi) joke reply also went down like a lead balloon..!... as I said, no offence, its just something like a "church security team" sounds very strange to a Brit..

To be honest, I'm not sure Uk churches have enough people attending nowadays...

And my (semi) joke reply also went down like a lead balloon..!... as I said, no offence, its just something like a "church security team" sounds very strange to a Brit..

To be honest, I'm not sure Uk churches have enough people attending nowadays...

All is well we all on same team.

When I was a kid we didn't have any weapons in our church. There was a BIG friendly deacon who stood at the door and shook everybody's hand.

Thank the Lord, we never had an ounce of trouble.

Evil is walking the streets. RIP to the victims I am truly sorry. Shame on those who do nothing to mitigate the well known potential threats to innocents. If you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem....Screenshot_2018-10-29-12-51-46-1.png

I was so happy to see President Trump stand up for these folks, and I was very happy to see the Rabbi support our president.
I can't imagine how crazy a guy has to be for something like this . . . to go shoot up a bunch of old folks minding their own business.

Back