• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Suprema Ammo from Wallmart

FullAuto556

.270 WIN
So I recently came across this ammo at Walmart while shopping for some value sporting clay loads. I was curious, but me being the value shopper I am, I figured I'd Google the reviews on this ammo I'd never heard of before. I had only found a few posts on it, none of which were near recent, and all seemed to be neither here nor there but more opinion based than anything. None the less, I figured I'd just take a pass on it that day and opted for my usual cases of Winchester and Federal. So I just broke down the other day and grabbed 5 boxes of 2 3/4" #8 and 3 boxes of 2 3/4" 00, went shooting, and thought I'd report back to y'all in the event anyone else was wondering about this stuff as well. Well, let me tell y'all, that stuff is great!! I cant attest to the patterning of the birdshot as I didn't put it on paper, but I can tell you this. It fed, extracted, and went BANG every time I pulled the trigger, sending every clay I set my bead on into a giant cloud of dusty obliteration. I did, however, put all the 00 on paper. It wasn't remarkable, but it was definitely on par with most of the other 00 I've ever fired. I read on one old post when I was trying to research the Suprema and that poster off of another forum reported that he found it to be extremely dirty. I myself didn't find that to be the case at all. After putting 125 rds of Suprema and 125 rounds of Federal through my 535, it didn't seem to be any dirtier than normal for that amount of shells. I put the 75 rds of 00 though my 88 and it wasn't excessively dirty either. So I'm not certain what that other guys frame of reference of what dirty actually is, but I can tell you this here shooter didn't have that experience at all. So overall, I found it to be good, budget priced ammo. The birdshot was about the same price as other target loads, but the 00 was $5.88 for a 25 rd box which I thought was a great deal. I'll tell ya, I thought it was so great, I went back and bought all they had left.

Dude ~ $5.88 for 25-rds of buckshot is incredible, and I am glad it shot to your satisfaction.

I'm of the opinion that shotguns with modern ammo normally do not shoot "dirty" into the action and most of the ammo I have shot thru my smoothbores has been plenty clean when I looked down the bore following a shooting session.

Thank you for the personal review FullAuto556

they got it priced incorrectly. that's the price of the 7.5 and 8 shot rounds. the 00 buck goes for under $12.
the reverse happened at my wm. they had the 7.5 ammo at the 00 buck price. I bugged them about it
and they did correct it to the lower price. for what you paid for the 00 buck, I would have bought all
my store had also. no shot cup and made in spain.

Back