• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

suprema shotshells

mbshop

.270 WIN
Anyone try the perfecta 00 buck ammo ? Wal mart has it for just under $12 for a box of what I think is 25 rounds.

Well, not much out there about this suprema stuff. Sold by tulammo in the usa under suprema name. Stuff is made in spain. It looks well made and the few that have shot it are happy with it. Not bad at 25 shells for just under $12 .

For that price I'm guessing that it is buckshot or slug ammo (I hope).........

Boy do I miss the days just a few years ago when Winchester "Super-X" Silver Box buckshot or slugs sold for about ten bucks for 25 at Walmart.

mbshop, I have not heard anything negtive about TULA shotgun ammo, so if it does good for your shotgun I think you found a winner!

I like their primers and ComBlock loaded ammo so I think your stuff ought to be good.

ok, the first stuff was 00 buck. now wal mart has suprema in 8 and 7.5 shot. same price as the 00 buck which seems a little strange. I would expect it to be a tad cheaper. anyone shoot it yet ?

ok, the first stuff was 00 buck. now wal mart has suprema in 8 and 7.5 shot. same price as the 00 buck which seems a little strange. I would expect it to be a tad cheaper. anyone shoot it yet ?

7.5 and 8 should be about $6 a box. There is NO WAY I would pay $12 a box for 12ga birdshot

Bass Pro Shop has the following 2 3/4" 12 gauge birdshot for under $12:

Winchester AA TRACKER 71/2shot... box of 25 > $10.99
Winchester Super Dove & Clay 8shot... box of 25 > $7.49
Winchester TEXAS Heavy Dove and Quail 8shot...box of 25 > $7.99

Remington Premier STS Target Loads 8shot...box of 25 > $9.49
Remington NITRO Target Loads 8shot...box of 25 > $9.49
Remington GUN CLUB Target Loads 8shot...box of 25 > $6.99

I would change stores...

Well, tonight I pointed this issue out. He is no ammo guy but I finally got the point across were he understood the issue. I pointed out that at those prices for the 8 and 7.5 they would never sell any. But he did point out an odd thing. The shot and buckshot boxes have the upc code. He agreed this also made no sense. So he took a box of each back to the office so that whomever checks stuff like this can check with wm and figure out what is gojng on.

I'm willing to wager it was a misprint on those birdshot boxes. I've seen the 00 buck rounds at the WalMart here, but haven't bought any. Take care. Tom Worthington

it would have to be a upc misprint because the boxes themselves look totally different. but would be surprised if it gets solved and fixed.

Saturday I talked to another higher manager. he also agreed that something was off and will check it out. now the fact that there is little known about this ammo might have something to do with it. if it is of equal quality to high brass ammo then its not a bad price. but looking at it does not tell you much and for sure it does not have the high brass like the others have. what is interesting is that they told me that it has been selling at that price and the shelf space proves this. I just can't find any info to justify this price yet.

I picked up a box of Suprema 7 1/2
1300+ fps from Wally a few days ago. It was priced and rang up at about $6 with tax.

I have a couple of odd boxes of budget priced bird shot and will post a range report when I take them out.

Wally had a run on Federal 7 1/2 bargain box 100 round packs at $17.99 recently. I loaded up on those! It was sitting right next to the Winchester priced at $28!

Well, talked to one of the two I had talked to and he said that they are having to go further into it. As it stands they are paying the same for the bird shot as they are for the buckshot thus them charging the same. I looked at it again and noticed that the fps on the suprema is near the same as the high brass federal stuff so maybe that explains the higher price.

went today to wm. didn't see any of the managers I had talked to. but I did see that the price on the 8 and 7.5 shot had been reduced from the 00 buck price back down to 5.88 for a 25 round box. guess I was right.

So yea, evidently there was some miscommunication within wm as to the pricing. At least its cleared up far as i'm concerned for the 12 ga stuff.

Back