• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Surefire Rapid Transition offset irons

tattooo

.30-06
I picked up a set a while back and am about to put them on my AR to aid my Leupold Mark 4 LrT for closer range engagements..... anyone else running them & if so how do you like them ?

0a53813d062626581911921ac13e783f.jpg

I have not but have considered a similar setup

I run the Knights Armament

off sets are awesome when you have a scope with a big bell or no quick release , otherwise I would have just went with the traditional BUIS

I am not using them.

After trying many different setups over the years, I have found that it is much more efficient to have a rifle that is set up for a particular use. It is better for me to have a gun for long range and a gun for short range.

If you are wanting a single gun to do everything, learn how to do everything with it.

If using various sights and scopes and zero's at different distances helps you shoot better, fine.

But for me, I like to keep things KISS. Especially if under pressure, and especially more-so if I was under fire or threat.

Its a 3gun set up John .... it needs to be versatile at a moments notice when that clock is running....

I understand wholeheartedly.

Have you thought about an Eo and flip to side magnifier? That combo seems to bridge the gap for many people.

I had that setup xps2-0 & g33 on my AR but put it on my KRISS because it cowitnesses perfectly..... So I had bought a new Vortex longrange scope for my precision rifle and put the Leupold that was on there on my AR rather than buy another one .... musical optics of sorts....

I know zactly what you're sayin'.

I'm bad for that too. ;)

You guys have some really nice stuff!!!!! I can't afford goodies such as that.

I don't have offset irons on my rifle anymore, but I used to. Loved them. Great for use with a magnified optic. Even MagPul makes offset irons now.

Now I am shooting Open / Unlimted so I have an offset EOTech on my rifle.

It should be fun dialing these suckers in off a bag ..... these will be my first offset irons I ever zeroed

Got em sighted in @ 50 this weekend .... does anyone know what is the reccomended sighting distance for these.... I feel 35 ish would have been more appropriate

50 is usually fine depending on the distance you will usually be shooting.

If you're sighted in at 50, is fine out to ~200+ yards anyway.

You'll have some bullet arc at different distances because the bullets travel in a rainbow trajectory both below and over the point of aim at any given distance you shoot anyway, but 50 yard zero is usually adequate from 0-250 yards for the most part as long as you're not going to be doing a lot of long range (way out there) shooting or won't be requiring bug eye accuracy.

The last scope I zero'd, I did it at 35 yards and 35-50 were within the black bullseye (3 inch) and at 25 yards were hitting about 2 inches below the bullseye. That's normal. If for nothing else the bore is that far below the top of the iron sights itself.

Keep in mind that I don't plan on any really long range shots with it. I expect all shots will be within 150. And even moreso probably within 75 unless the rare opportunity just presents itself.

You're welcome. I just hope some of the info helped.

Back