• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SURVIVAL KNIVES

S

SHOOTER13

Here's a thread to show off some of your favorite Survival Knives.

When in the woods, on or under the water, or in your own backyard...the blades that will help cut through the toughest situations... :cool:

Here's one I picked up to wear on my belt when hunting, camping, hiking, and fishing...basically a no nonsense, fixed blade with hollow handle that holds fishing line/hook, waterproof matches, a saw line, wet stone, and a useable compass. I usually have it hanging on a milspec gun belt with my canteen, axe, multi-tool, and flashlight.

SURVIVALKNIFE-1.jpg

SURVIVALSET-1.jpg

FLAPHOLSTERCANTEEN-1.jpg

I remember when those first came out after the first Rambo....I destoyed those as a kid trying to make the Rambo spear and what not lol

This is a simple dive knife...one you can strap to your leg while snorkeling or diving... whether it be the tropical blue green waters of the Caribbean Ocean...or the cold murky waters of the Atlantic.

DIVER-1.jpg

DIVESET-1.jpg

Yea, Oli...the good old carefree days of our youth...I hear ya man !!

oli700 said:
I remember when those first came out after the first Rambo....I destoyed those as a kid trying to make the Rambo spear and what not lol

Haha yeah, I had the camo one and beat it to death throwing it at trees...

Gerber Bear Grylls Survival Series Ultimate Knife
p425603601-4.jpg

p387693177-4.jpg

p341387195-4.jpg

p339612349-4.jpg

p143138422-4.jpg

p237853776-4.jpg

p21308907-4.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivOvUThMcnM[/youtube]

Dan,

How has that BG knife held up so far? I was tempted to pick one up, if for nothing else, because I always enjoyed watching his hi-jinx out in the wild ;)

I have the LMF, and from a review I read somewhere, some folks were saying that the grip handle on the BG knife wasn't as well made as that on the LMF. In fact, that has been an area with the most complaints - or should I say poor reviews.

The colors don't thrill me, but I can live with them. But for the price, it is more affordable than the LMF, so maybe that is where they cut corners, in the grip?

Functionally the BG has more to offer with the fire starter, whistle and pommel but for me I still take the LMF II hands down over the BG. The grip on the BG is ok but I can see if you abused it enough it may not hold up. This is not does not take away from it being a functional surival knife though. With either knife I would feel confident to rely on if SHTF but if I had the opportunity to choose one or the other I would likely go with the LMF II. The sheath on the LMF II is also a lot more functional with its ability to attach with both the molle system and have a calf or thigh straps.

The next survival type knife I get will for sure have to be the LMF II!!!

I have a couple of the LMF II's but here's my best "survival" knife, dollar-for-dollar ... it's a Mora Craftsman with a custom Kydex sheath that I made.

DSCN1392.jpg

Rossignol said:
Dude youre rockin with the Kydex work! Nice Toby!

Thanks. I've started to get a fair number of people asking me to do projects for them. I wish I had more time.

Hard to pick my favorite. Usually out in the woods I carry either a SOG Field Pup or Seal Pup along with my Twitch II folder.
-SOG Seal Team Elite
-SOG Seal Pup Elite
-SOG Seal Pup Tigerstripe
-SOG Field Pup
-SOG Vulcan
-SOG Twith II
-SOG Micro Tanto
001-26.jpg

-Camillus Pilot Knife
006-10.jpg

Back