• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Swap considered

RAL

.22LR
Guess this is a better place to post this than the ammo section :oops:

Have an opportunity to trade A Daewoo DR200 and a romainian AK 5.56x39 for a Springfield Socom 16. What do ya think?

RAL

That’s a tough one man.....I honestly don’t know. I probably wouldn’t do it as nice as the socoms are.
Do you have a supply of 308 or consider the availability and cost of starting into a new round? A big spendy round for a battle riffle that can flat go through a bunch of ammo.

might consider moving you post to long guns , might get more looks. Your in the Marketplace now

I have too many small bore rifles and only 1 308 bolt gun. I have plenty of 308 ammo that is not well suited for use in the VS Rem 700, shes a tack driver. Thanks for the advise.

RAL

in that case it sounds like a lot better of a trade

A real Moderator can come along and combine this thread

oli700 said:
in that case it sounds like a lot better of a trade

A real Moderator can come along and combine this thread

combined for ya.

But not a real mod though. I just play one on TV and stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night :lol:

If you decide not to go through with it let me know.

I've got a kidney I'll trade for that Socom...

1AK 5.45x39 as new with 5 30 round mags, 750 RDs ammo & a as new in box with manual DR200 and he wants $200 ontop of that! Seems a little to one sided to me :x

RAL

Looks like he's tryin to take you on that one.

The 5 30rd AK mags alone are worth $250-$300 on the market right now. The Socom 16 is only worth around $1500, maybe $1800 for the Socom II...

Socom16 with one mag. He also has a DPMS TAC 20? Are these any good. Things may settle back down or you may not be able to sell, swap or buy these types of guns soon. Do not want to end up without a 308 semi when the music stops. :(

RAL

The DPMS Tac20 is a great rifle if you decide to go with the AR platform instead.

20" barrel vs. 16" on the M1a Socom. Hard to beat the versatility of the AR platform...

Well.....I got the Socom16. The DPMS was just too heavy to lug around and it didn't "speak to me" like the M1A. Ya I know deal seemed a bit lopsided but I have wanted a Socom 16 for awhile and I was only into those guns, mags and ammo about $1200. I could hold onto two guns I do not use or get something I need (oh ok want :) )
Hope this thing shoots as good as it looks. If she is 2 MOA or less :D

RAL

Congrats on the new Socom16!

If you're happy with the trade, that's all that matters. Be sure to post up some pics of that bad boy when you get a chance...

Back