• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tac'd Out, Photo Thread, *Pics Added*

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
Who wants to get pics of themselves dressed up for whatever apocalypse is inbound this month? What are you gonna be wearing, what gear will you carry?

Better would be to get all dressed up, then our wives or our women ask what the heck we're doin, and we summarily ask them to take pictures of us posing with our gear! Then they can do the eye roll thing and look at us like we grew a second head! :lol: Well, I can ask Allison and she'll do it.

So whaddya say? Get dressed like youre gonna be in a Resident Evil movie and get some pics! Tell what your wearin and carryin!

I'll do it if you do!

Re: Tac'd Out, Photo Thread

Oh damn I'm stuck in an airport right now, but if I manage to get home sometime this century I'll have to put something together here.

Nice one Brad, this should be fun...

is this for halloween?

Lazy, I'm lookin forward to it!

Rip, I dunno... we could call it haloween inspired and run it till the world stops turnin! :D

Heres the pics! Allison was kind enough to take these, though as I had guessed, she and Jenny both looked at me like I was crazy! In the end Ally did it cuz I told her too! :lol:

What I'm wearing;
Revision Hellyfly ballistic glasses
Under Armor Heat Gear hood, also have cold gear
Shemagh/Scarf
Mechanix gloves, original
Woodland BDU jacket
khaki BDU pants
desert boots

Gear;
CamelBak Delta-5, 3 liter hydration LBV
CamelBak Linchpin, 3 liter hydration backpack
12 round shotgun shell holder on LBV
USGI quick release pistol belt
Mil-surp bag, messenger style (unknown military, has a castle lookin thing stamped on it)

Carrying;
Mossberg M590A1, Hogue short lop, Ergo tri-rail forend, Magpul AFG 1, Meprolight tritium front bead, CDM Gear MT clamp, Ergo receiver mounted ambi sling plate, Botach Tactical single point sling
Springfield Armory 1911 Light Weight Loaded .45 ACP, Novack tritium sights

Other Gear includes Mudinyeri EDC, binoculars, gloves, Cliff bars, map case, etc etc...

100_6049Small.jpg

100_6046Small.jpg

100_6027Small.jpg

100_6032Small.jpg

100_6041Small.jpg

100_6044Small.jpg

100_6035Small.jpg

100_6038Small.jpg

100_6054Small.jpg

oh man...now i have to get some pix!!

2 bladders?

What’s all that weigh with your full ammo capacity, water, guns …? Although drinking water shouldn’t really count since you consume it but it still weighs for the first few miles.

Have you put on any miles with the gear to see how it feels?

What kind of terrain does Ohio offer as far as topography?

And what kind of boots are those and how do you like them?

oli700 said:
2 bladders?

What’s all that weigh with your full ammo capacity, water, guns …? Although drinking water shouldn’t really count since you consume it but it still weighs for the first few miles.

Yep, 2 bladders. If there is an incoming apocalypto scenario and we're headed out, or if we're just back packing/hiking for a few days, I'm carryin the water. Its just a little under 2 gallons, so about 13 lbs. of water.

oli700 said:
Have you put on any miles with the gear to see how it feels?

Not yet so much. I've just been loading the pack and adjusting for fit, and i really dont have much on the Delta-5 yet. So far though, the CamelBak stuff feels better with a load on it. Theres so much adjustment in each piece, its easy to get a good fit. There is MOLLE webbing all over the Delta-5 making it very possible to get it balanced. The combination of the two didnt feel like an issue to me and I still had nearly a full range of motion.

I hope to have everything out tomorrow for quite a bit more use.

oli700 said:
And what kind of boots are those and how do you like them?

They are the Wellco 8" waterproof. I love em! Among the most comfortable light weight boots I have ever worn! I'm much more accustomed to heavy steel toe 10" boots, like linesman or loggers boots, Red Wing boots being the best I have ever owned, but for light weight boots, these are great!

Back to your fist question about total weight, I have the nearly 13 to 14 lbs. of water, another 20 lbs of gear in the CamelBak Linchpin, I'm estimating in these pics nearly 10 lbs of ammo, and the guns combined are around 9 lbs. So... thats 53 lbs on the high side.

There is more I intend to add, like a MOLLE crossdraw holster for the 1911 on the Delta-5 as well as a 3 magazine pouch. I'll probably get like a verticle 12 ga. shell holder too.

If I were hiking/backpacking, the Delta-5 with my pistol wont be worn in the open.

Like I said, the packs carry really well and I'd say CamelBak has put a lot of time into R&D to make sure they do.

Shooter posted that map of Ohio, (Thanks!!!) and through the river valley right through central Ohio runnin north to south, its very flat. There are hills, but not mountainous so much. Very heavily wooded all around. We dont have the evergreens you see to the south as you head into the Carolinas. We dont have the mountains you run into in south-eatern Kentucky and Tennessee, but it is somewhat more mountainous throughout eastern Ohio. Mountains I think is still too strong a word when we're talkin the highest points are still only like 1500 ft above sea lvl. There is a good mix of wetlands, lots of farm land bein very flat (not at all like the farms on the side of hill in PA I remember seeing along the I-80 turnpike), wooded hill and back country.

I'm really just playin dress up here and havin fun with it, figured we could compare notes and find practical applications! I know I'm not the only one who likes this stuff! ;) So what is everyone else wearin to prom?

oli700 said:
Interesting mix….thanks, I am a map freak.

Me too...whenever I travel I always do my homework, which includes getting a map and scoping out the local sceanic areas outside the city...

I was in Vegas a few times...did the strip and gambling thing in one night...then always head out to the high desert or other natural destinations.

Hey Rossignol... nice setup !!

...if I went out back dressed in my kit the neighbors would speed-dial SWAT in a heartbeat !! :lol:

More the merrier ....you could take pix of them all in gear and post em up! Come on....you know you wanna.

SHOOTER13 said:
Hey Rossignol... nice setup !!

...if I went out back dressed in my kit the neighbors would speed-dial SWAT in a heartbeat !! :lol:

Thanks!

But this is why I like the country area where everyone I know around here has guns and dogs! Heck my one neighbor fires his AR for New Years! :lol: Heck with em, do it anyway! :D

I hear ya Bro...when we moved to this location 10 years ago, I could walk out back naked if I wanted to...

...well, I still can...but only at night... :shock:

Rossignol said:
Heck my one neighbor fires his AR for New Years! :lol: Heck with em, do it anyway! :D

You only have one neighbor? Nice.....

I once had to bury a pup. I went out in my tighty whities. A neighbors dog started barking and he came out to see what was goin on.

He asked if everything was ok and if I needed and then started my way with a flashlight. I told him he was welcome over but I was in my skivies as long as he was ok with that. He said he'd see me the next day and went home.

Its all relative I suppose. Get al dressed up in your hunting gear, thats cool too!!! :D

Ripjack, we have a couple neighbors actually. The one I just described is the same!

Back