• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tactical forend addition...

JG13

Copper BB
I bought a Mossberg 500 Cruiser made in 2011 (90% sure)...does it have a removable forend? How can I determine this? Saw the "post 2006" disclaimer on ATI's website regarding their tactical forend. Sorry if already posted somewhere...noob here. :)

All good welcome to the site check to see if theres a nut on the end of the stock fore end? if you dont see one its probably pinned it can be changed to use the ATI forend with a mag tube and nut.

Here's a pic to help you.

Attachments

• forend chart.jpg
    forend chart.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 173
JG13 said:
Took pics of the forend but it says the file is too big to post...how do I post the pics?

You need to resize pic. You can do it in Paint.

Ok...resized the pics in Photobucket. Here we go...

GunPic3_zpsba0658f3.jpg

cc4ea7b8-2189-4106-b771-e50d23fe47a8_zps2a39e9d5.jpg

68603c67-23bf-410d-82d5-dbbf5f3c11d3_zps4e330de7.jpg

Are modifications needed or will the ATI Tactical Forend work with what I've got? Thanks again :cool:

Also, do I need to remove the tube and nut from the forend?

Yes you need to remove nut and slide forend off the action tube. Then you measure the tube as shown in the pic above. Once you have a measurement you will be able to order the correct forend.

Well, after all this I've decided to sell my 500 Cruiser and buy a 500 Persuader with 20 inch barrel. I can get a CDM Gear BMT clamp for my Streamlight due to extra tube space instead of replacing the forend (mixed reviews on most of the forends I have researched).

Persuader 20",,,,,,that's what's next to my bed. :D Nice shotty.

The ATI Tactical Forend has worked tremendously well for me. I took a bare receiver and built it up from almost nothing.
I have been more than pleased with all ATI products. We are a Mesa Tactical dealer, I use select products from both for our
builds. I have found after installing I don't know how many ATI Tactical Forends that they fit real well. If you do have a stock
pinned forend, you will have to get a new action tube assembly and castle retaining nut. I got all mine from MidayUSA and they have
excellent ones. 7 3/4". My own Tactical Persuader started out with the early ATI Talon with a five round mag and 18.5" barrel. The
ATI Stock came with a five round shell holder. It now wears an extended 7 round tube with a 20" barrel which we ported. Bushnell
TRS 25 Red Dot on a Mesa Tactical Rail. Mesa Tactical Sureshell Six Round Sidesaddles on all my Mossbergs. With the addition of our
Shoten Armory Extended Slide Release Lever, all needs are met. The member above is right. Ya can never go wrong with a 20" persuader.

So if I have the persuader with 20" barrel will the ATI tactical forend work? I wanted to add the ATI Talon to my persuader and was going to purchase the combo with the forend if it will fit

Back