• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tactical Stock and Forend for a Bantam 500 20 gauge

KEB

Copper BB
I search this forum for information about swapping out the wood stock and forend on a Bantam 500 20 gauge for a collapsible tactical stock and forend like the Talon T2 Six Position Adjustable Stock and Tactical Shotgun Forend Package with Aluminum Upgrade, but could not find anyone who had successfully swap them out. Has anyone done this? Everything I've found so far says that the forend is the problem with some of the kits for the 20 gauge.

Most 12G stocks will fit a 20G with a very slight overhand as the 2oG receiver is slightly slimmer. The problem you will run into with a PG stock is the bolt release cut out. If the stock is not recessed enough it will fit very tight or not at all without some modification (due to the slimmer profile of the receiver).

The 20G magazine tube and slide assembly is smaller in diameter than the 12g model so the forends are not compatible. You may be able to make it work by creating some type of shim or sleeve to make up the internal difference but I have not actually seen anyone who made it work satisfactorily.

I search this forum for information about swapping out the wood stock and forend on a Bantam 500 20 gauge for a collapsible tactical stock and forend like the Talon T2 Six Position Adjustable Stock and Tactical Shotgun Forend Package with Aluminum Upgrade, but could not find anyone who had successfully swap them out. Has anyone done this? Everything I've found so far says that the forend is the problem with some of the kits for the 20 gauge.

Hi KEB:

I just put an ATI six position Talon Tactical Stock on my 20 gauge Super Bantam Mossberg. The new stock went on with no problems. I also am looking to replace the forened. If your gun has the new forend type like mine does, you will need to replace it with a 20 gauge Slide tube assembly and forend. The slide tube assemblies are available from Bownell's, Midway, and Numrich Arms, to name a few sources. I am having a little trouble trying to determine what length slide tube assembly to get. I guess I will just order the forend and then see what length slide tube assembly fits into it.

Good luck

Back