• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

taking apart the mag..

Anyone know how 2 take these apart?? Was going to try and fix it myself.. I called Mossberg and they are going to send me a new magazine but, there back ordered and it wont come for 8 to 12 weeks...
Update: I just received a email from them and there going to send me a 10rd magazine now and a 25rd when they come in..

If memory serves, just take out the 6 phillips screws and be careful with the last one, because the magazine will come apart (in half) and the springs will decompress... don't let them hit you. Carefully open it up and note the positions of the springs and the (red) follower. The skinny 10-round mag will also come out of the bottom plastic housing. I took mine apart and was able to get it back together without a problem, and if I can do it... anyone can do it!

~DarthJim

Thanks!! I took it apart and found a clump of plastic or glue.. I took a hobby knife and cut it out then, took some sandpaper and went over the whole inside.. I got it back together and it sides smooth as silk.. It held 24rnd.. Guess, ill end up with 3 magazines now lol

Im going to do this to mine but i havnt yet.

When you get it apart again glue your 2 springs to the center devider thing that devides the stock spring with the extended one.

That way when you pull the levers on the devider it will pull the top spring with it and help you load a few more in easier.

Since we are such a visually oriented group around here, the next time someone does this could they photograph the process, please? When my backordered mags arrive I will do it if someone else hasn't already. (and actually they may have - I haven't searched because I am not needing the fix)

I thinking about doing some painting on my 715T and ill have to take apart the magazine.. So, ill snap some pics and post'm...

Here is how i do it.

With the mag screw side up i take all the screws out. I hold it together firmly while im taking the screws out. Hold the mag firmly at the top this is critical because the metal part at the top can fly out from the bottom plastic part and you could lose the orange follower and spring.

Once you get all 6 screws out hold the top metal parts and release the bottom plastic part slowly so it spilts in half. This will release the metal part from the little tangs at the bottom. Sit the top follower, spring and metal housing aside.

Next lift the top half of the plastic part of the mag at the bottom this will let the spring in this part uncoil. Next slide that half up on the plastic spacer to the hole. That releases the top half of the mag from the spacer/spring devider.

Put it all back together in the reverse order.

Mossberg715Tmagassembly_zps32de65a0.jpg

These pictures arnt very good but you get the idea.

After several attempts to get the 25 round magazines to load properly, including taking one apart on modifying it,(cleaning, and gluing the spring) I gave up, and returned the gun to the store, never having fired it. I exchanged it for a Colt .22.

MOD EDIT:
I removed your email address and attempt to sell the mags.
We have a marketplace for selling items if that is your intention, but it requires at least 30 posts.

John A.

Ok, no problem. Pretty hard to come up with 30 posts, on a rifle you can’t use. LOL.

I have taken apart the mag, and Im having trouble putting it back together. I want to make sure I have all the pieces, because it seems like something is missing. So here is what I have, I would appreciate if someone would tell me if I am missing something:

1. 2 springs
2. top and bottom half of plastic 'extended' magazine casing
3. 6 screws
4. 10 round magazine casing
5. red feeder

I get how the springs connect to their individual sides, 1 to the red feeder, 1 to the bottom, but how do the two springs connect in the middle? I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out, and any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Biosgnome said:
I have taken apart the mag, and Im having trouble putting it back together. I want to make sure I have all the pieces, because it seems like something is missing. So here is what I have, I would appreciate if someone would tell me if I am missing something:

1. 2 springs
2. top and bottom half of plastic 'extended' magazine casing
3. 6 screws
4. 10 round magazine casing
5. red feeder

I get how the springs connect to their individual sides, 1 to the red feeder, 1 to the bottom, but how do the two springs connect in the middle? I am banging my head against the wall trying to figure this out, and any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

It sounds like you may be missing the black piece that joins the two springs together. It is the piece that fits into the vertical slots in the bottom half of the magazine via the round hole at the very bottom and then slides up and down in those slots as the spring tension changes. It has receiving ends on both sides for the upper and lower springs.

You can see the round "knob" that is part of this piece in the first picture above; it is all the way at the top of the slot it travels in.

EDIT: Looks like I figured out what I was doing wrong. Now I need to use the super glue trick because I am having the problem with the feeder getting stuck in the transition (like I was before). At least I got it put back together.

Back