• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Taurus / Rossi Firearms

ripjack13

Resident Sawdust Maker
Staff member
Administrator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Taurus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOq9a8sAHfg

i just had the enjoyment of finding this little gem on youtube...

anyone have one? or shot one? how is it?

it looks nice but i think a regular handgun ( single bullet style) would be better if someone was in my house and i needed to take down just one intruder and not them plus my wife or dog for that matter...( i love my dog!)

anyhow, im sure i want one...just because its not as cumbersome as a shotgun...

Re: Taurus .410 Judge

The .410 Taurus is a really neat gun but I haven't had the pleasure of shooting it yet.

The Judge line is cool for sure but in my opinion, for what it's worth, it's a good backpack gun for snakes at best. It's a lot of fun to shoot both in .410 and .45 lc, but there are several other HD/SD options out there I would look to first. Taurus sells an absolute ton of these things though.

I've pondered this weapon type but her were my conclusions:

1) I hate Taurus - if I were to buy this type of gun it would be a S&W Governor.

2) I live in significant rattlesnake country (I've killed a rattler within 10 feet of my front door 7 of the past 9 years and go hiking in the desert alot). I purchased snake shot for my .357 to haddle that situation. Plus, next week I'm rattlesnake training my German Shepherd so that he can smell them before we get too close.

It looks like a fun gun and I've never shot it but for SD I would want something else (and I've got that covered). Bottome line ... I won't be purchasing it unless I got it from someone at a STEAL of a price.

It is a cool lookin gun, I may like to fire one, but not interested in owning one.

catnphx said:
I live in significant rattlesnake country (I've killed a rattler within 10 feet of my front door 7 of the past 9 years and go hiking in the desert alot).

Dude, send me the skins!!! ;)

My new semi-auto Taurus

Today I went to the local gun show and picked up this little number for $400.00 (exactly) out the door. Not bad considering the MSRP is $675!

She's a Taurus 809 semi-auto 9mm. Its a SA/DA, the medium frame weighs 30oz, is just over 8" in length, has a 1911 style safety, decocker, Picatinny rail, 17+1 capacity, Novak sights, Taurus' Strike Two capability, etc, etc.

I got the hard case, two mags, three backstraps, a speed loader for the mags, and a cleaning brush.

I only had time to put about 120 rounds through her today, and WOW! I was really really impressed, some people hate on Taurus (find a gun company and someone will find a reason to hate on them), but I couldn't be happier. The action was amazing, the fit and finish is top-notch, and it just felt so good in my hands. For $400, I'm thrilled.

My buddy got the FNP-40, which was also very nice, but for some reason (either sharp edges or stupidity, he cut himself on the slide while trying to cock it), however his new gun was also very nice and we both are very happy.

Now for the pics...(excuse the poor quality of my digital camera in the first picture)

DSCN0037.JPG

DSCN0038.JPG

DSCN0039.JPG

DSCN0041.JPG

My collection in its infancy. Don't hate on my flowered Goodwill chair!

DSCN0044.JPG

Hope you enjoyed! Expect a full range report once I put about 1000 rounds through her.

On a final note, I'll be signing up for a tactical handgun class one of my paramedics teaches, and I hope to learn some new moves and really become truly acquainted with this fine weapon after days of range time and exercises.

Re: My new semi-auto Taurus

Very nice bro!

I've had good luck with my Taurus revolvers, but never tried any of their semis. Lookin forward to the range report.

Here's my only remaining Taurus...

Model 905-SS2, 9mm...

Re: Taurus

No worries bro,

This thread was pretty far down on the second page, so I figured you hadn't seen it. Just tryin to keep everything together. When will you have a chance to get out and put some rounds through the new 809?

Congrats on the new Taurus COFirefighter...can't wait to hear how she shoots...!!

And SNIPER...when did you get the Taurus revolver ?! ...You've been holding out on me man ! :)

A 9mm revolver...cool.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
When will you have a chance to get out and put some rounds through the new 809?

I only put 120 rounds through it today. That's all I had time for. She performed flawlessly. I'm really happy with my decision. I'm looking at the 809 right now sitting in her case right now, all cleaned and oiled and looking pretty....

Oh shiny new guns......

Dag nabit. I need one.

I checked out the new generation Taurus 24/7 the last time I was home. It seemed a very well put together pistol. I also had a PT-99 and a Model 85CH back in the day. Those guns ran and ran and ran. They were great guns! I have owned alot of different brands over the years and would put those Taurus' up against all of them. I could actually shoot better with the PT99 vs. the Berettas that I shot in the military.
Now I am looking for a used PT145 Millineum Pro. That little powerhouse fits my hand great and would also conceal well.
TaurusPT145MilleniumPro45acp375.jpg

I have a list of revolvers that I want as well and there isn't a Smith & Wesson on it anywhere. In my opinion, Taurus is like Mossberg, you geta whole lot of bang for your buck.

I do have a Judge "public defender"
I use is as my HD gun. Loaded up with Federal .410 handgun 000 buck shot.
I got a great deal on it too. Case, holster, and both grips for $400.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_00012.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

I actualy like to shoot the .45LC out of it but I thought the cost of the shells whould drop since a lot of people have the Judge, but aparently all they buy is the .410.
Howerver SLUG36 gave me a few rounds of hornady balistic tip HP that I load in it if I use it for SD.
I also carry this when I go out deer hunting, never know what you might run into while out in the woods, plus if I have deer walk up next to the blind it might be faster to shoot it with the judge than a rifle.

Wow! I owned a Kimber Custom Classic and considered it the Caddilac of Factory 1911's. I will have to check out the Taurus PT1911.

Here's a pic of my newest toy...a Taurus / Rossi Ranch Hand.

RANCHHAND6-1.jpg

It is a lever action repeating pistol holding 6 in the tubular mag...+1 in the chamber and will shoot both the .44 Magnum and .44 Special cartridge from it's 12" barrel. Overall length is 23 1/2" and it weighs in at 4 lbs. The metal is a matte blue and the furniture is made from Brazilian hard woods.

Back