• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Very nice Shooter, thanks for sharing.

My Pop has started callin me shooter now. I take that as an incredible compliment coming from retired Airborne...

Now...that IS a compliment !!

Airborne forces are military units, usually light infantry, set up to be moved by aircraft and 'dropped' into battle. Thus they can be placed behind enemy lines, and have an ability to deploy almost anywhere with little warning. So given enough capacity a huge force can appear "out of nowhere" in minutes, an action referred to as vertical envelopment. <===love that phrase

Sn3aKyGuY has been my gamer tag and online handle for quite a few years now. I earned it while playing CoD2 back in the day from a few buddies I played with. I'd sneak up on someone and knife them or 'place a shotty round in there eye hole' as one friend put it. :lol: That's about it though.

Nice!

You still play, and if so what platform? I don't sleep much, so I put in about 40-50hrs a week on the PS3. The COD franchise is are my games of choice, so I'm runnin Black Ops at the moment.

Lookin forward to MW3 on 11/8!

Yea, I'm for sure psyched for MW3. Let's hope its not just another MW1 copy like 2 was. All the E3 footage I've seen from it is promising though. I was thinking about picking up CoD:Black Ops last night, but that's $60 I could spend on ammo ... so decisions decisions. :lol: I work graveyard though so I have lots of free time by myself on my days off and cops tend to show up at gunshots at the wee hours. I play 360 though, so I won't be pwning you anytime soon. ;)

first two pistols I bought Springfield XD .40 Kimber Custom II .45

needed a screen name on XD forum so i went with .40-.45

you will find me on other boards
as
pm40-45
40-45
.40-.45
and xbox360
pm4045

as for the avatar
logo from www.itstactical.com .........why I just like it

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Ok, I'll go first.

When I first made the jump from pistols to long-guns I had a pretty hard time adjusting. I had virtually no experience and had to learn as I went along. I was tryin to sight in a shiny new scope I put on my brand new Remy 700 and couldn't find zero to save my @$$. I was tryin everything that I could think of and my patterm was all over the paper.

An ol' timer who'd apparently been watchin me for a while walks up and hands me a set of hex wrenches. I said thank you and politely asked why he'd handed them to me. "Tighten up your rings" he said, "that oughta bout do it". I asked how he knew and he replied with "son I've been shootn a couple lanes down from you for the better part of an hour and the rattlin in them rings is givin me a headache". I kinda muttered out loud "so that's what's causing me to shoot all over the place".

He said, "young man it's either that or you got yourself one hell of a LAZY EYE"!

We both got a good laugh. He shared a few helpful tips and from then on I've been able to sight in pretty much any rifle with three shots. The whole ordeal made quite an impression on me.

When I got into gun forums I thought the name was a good fit and a reminder to always help people out whenever I could. I designed the avatar afterward. I thought it'd be a funny visual representation of the name.

great story!!!!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Nice!

You still play, and if so what platform? I don't sleep much, so I put in about 40-50hrs a week on the PS3. The COD franchise is are my games of choice, so I'm runnin Black Ops at the moment.

Lookin forward to MW3 on 11/8!

What's your handle on PS3? I love the COD franchise...haha

SN=I live in Walpole and my avatar is Maine state flag

walpoler said:
SN=I live in Walpole and my avatar is Maine state flag

Nice and simple, I like it!

walpoler said:
What's your handle on PS3? I love the COD franchise...haha

My gamer tag is PART_TIME_NINJA. Got that one off a t-shirt, haha...

My screen name is pretty self explanatory.... Girls love guns too :) my avatar right now is my new logo for my new business idea that's not launched yet. The GLG2 is the initials of my screen name, which the guys in this group started calling me to abbreviate my long screen name.

SoCal Choppas

SoCal part is self explanatory...I live in Southern California.

Choppas part was given to me by my friends, because I smile so much...later to find out by Googling it; it's a slang for "Automatic Weapon".

My avatar is me with my HK SL8-1, just a picture; my other favorite hobby is shooting pictures. I currently use a Canon G7 for digital and a 35mm Canon EOS Elan IIe

I worked at the world's largest satellite factory in El Segundo, CA, went on a few launches, then when laid off went to work at Sea-Launch at Long Beach, CA. doing customer support for launching spacecraft. Never worked for NASA but did contract to Astrotech a division of Spacehab that does the support or did the support for all NASA manned spacecraft flights. When I came home to Texas, the guys at work tagged me with Nasa.

My avatar is one of my bullies, Augustus Disgustus. Named so because my better half said he is absolutely the most disgusting animal she has ever seen. He can sling slobbers at least 15 to 20 feet and humps everything in sight including the wind at times. He lives in the kennel out back with Lilly. Both of them think they should be lap dogs. I wish I had it as easy as they have. Square meals, air conditioning in the summer and heat in the winter and a nice big run area.

I've worked out of the country a lot - Expat. Means expatriate.
I'm also a project manager - PM.

I've been Expat_PM for about as long as there's been an Internet.

As for the pic? Don't tread on me? I bet you all get that one dontcha?

My screen name should be self explanatory.

The current avatar I am using also has JA in it if you look closely at the teeth ;)

Back