• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Well my screen name is self explanatory. After much reading I have decided on #1 Buck for my home defense load. My favorite is the Federal Premium LE Low recoil #1 Buck. And "just in case" there are 00 Buck same brand and Winchester Ranger segmented slugs in the side saddle.

The avatar is a Douglas C-124 Globemaster ll. I worked as an airborne navigation equipment repairman on Ole Shakey at Hunter Air Force Base, Savannah, Ga from Sept,1965 till Feb,1967. They then shipped me to Dover AFB and the birds to California. I actually flew on one of those from Hunter AFB to Rhein Main AFB Frankfurt Germany for a short TDY. I have a better picture, but am struggling to get it resized so that it displays whole. Will work on that as time permits

Last edited:
Pretty basic for me...... my last name is White, many call me "Whitey". I've been called worse, that's for sure. As for my Avatar, I have one daughter and she just turned 14, I pity the fool who breaks her heart, LOL!

My aviator is a picture I took of a deer swimming across a canal on Marsh Island, this a island off the Louisiana coast, it is a game reserve. Your allowed to fish and grab, but no hunting!
As for my screen name, that is my heritage, cajun.
I like Cajun food, does that count for something o_O

Pretty basic for me...... my last name is White, many call me "Whitey". I've been called worse, that's for sure. As for my Avatar, I have one daughter and she just turned 14, I pity the fool who breaks her heart, LOL!
I hear you Whitey. My Son-in-law can tell a few good stories about how it went when he first showed up on the scene. He never wore those underwear again! :D

...I have one daughter and she just turned 14, I pity the fool who breaks her heart, LOL!

Most young men who came to date my daughter were quiet, respectful, and seemingly decent (at least on the surface). They only needed a stern stare and glance at the rifle and shotgun on the wall (shades of a Rodney Atkins song, "Cleaning this Gun"!). But there was one lad, handsome, self-assured, and already gaining a reputation as a lady-killer. While my daughter was doing whatever it is girls do to keep their dates waiting, I sat him down and spoke quietly: "Son, unlike most high school boys, you seem pretty sure of yourself. But you need to know a few facts about Laura's family. Her two older brothers, one is a cop, the other is a black-belt in karate, and they both love their little sister, and are maybe a bit protective. Me? I'm a veteran, expert rifleman, and a hunter for over 30 years. Now Laura is a bright girl, well raised, with a mind of her own, and she owns her own body. So if she says 'yes'...well, I might not approve, but I won't second-guess her decision. But if she says 'no', and you interpret that as 'yes', then you'd better pray you can get to the police station and confess before I find you. There is no closed season on rapists."

To his credit, he did come back for a few more dates, but my daughter later admitted that she was a little hurt that he'd never even tried to kiss her.

But comic Bill Engvall said it better, and quicker: "...that's my only lil girl. So if you're thinkin' about huggin' or kissin', remember these words: I ain't afraid to go back to prison."

I ask boys who come over as potential dates for my daughter how they spell their name so I get it right when I write it on a bullet.

My avatar is a Barbary sheep from north Africa. Somebody let a bunch of them loose here in west Texas, where I live. We call them "aoudad sheep"

A friend named me "Salvo" because I was learning how to do rapid fire at the time. Multiple targets, etc..

My avatar is a Barbary sheep from north Africa. Somebody let a bunch of them loose here in west Texas, where I live. We call them "aoudad sheep"

A friend named me "Salvo" because I was learning how to do rapid fire at the time. Multiple targets, etc..
Had never heard of Aoudad sheep in Texas until I read your post. Just did a little research. Have you ever hunted one?

I got my username years ago on a car club cruise, during the cruise all the lugnuts came loose on my left rear tire. several of the guys stopped and found 4 of the 5 and we got the car back on the road. we stopped at a walmart (all that was around in the middle of nowhere) to get another but they were oddball lugnuts and they didn't have any. the rest of the day the guys called me Lugnuts and the name stuck.

The Avatar well I like to drive fast.

Do your screen name and avatar have any special meaning or did you just pick a random name and a cool pic? Some are pretty self explanitory, but others can be much more inspired.

Let's hear it...
Hi from north Texas...I'm just an old newbie with no avatar or special name. Just bought a ATR .270 & thought I'd learn from the best on this forum about the Mossberg family. Thanks.

Welcome to the forum from Florida and congrats on your new Mossy.

Welcome from Virginia. What do you plan to hunt with your new .270. I hunt about 2 hrs south-east of Dallas almost every year. (white-tail and ferral hog).

Pajamas

Ok, so my screen name comes from NOT the Bruce Willis movie, but from the fact that I was run over by a train, lost both legs above the knees and am still here. The 64 is my age. My avatar is self explanatory. I love my family, friends, country, my God given rights and will fight against all enemies foreign AND domestic to the death.
MOLON LABE

Ok, so my screen name comes from NOT the Bruce Willis movie, but from the fact that I was run over by a train, lost both legs above the knees and am still here. The 64 is my age. My avatar is self explanatory. I love my family, friends, country, my God given rights and will fight against all enemies foreign AND domestic to the death.
MOLON LABE

Welcome aboard Sir. Glad to have you join up...

Back