• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

The username came about because I have a dark sense of humor but also think a good public hanging would deter some of the undesirables from committing crime. my Avatar is Vic Mackey from the FX series "The Shield" Vic was a thief and a liar but I liked his version of justice.

gallows! ha! I have an apparatus in my yard that I call a gallows. I only use it for another hobby: making rope.

I just use my initial and last name. I used to go by "TBK" until someone chose something very similar to go on a killing spree with.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Rossignol said:
Gallows, I like it! ;)

Ttutt said:
gallows! ha! I have an apparatus in my yard that I call a gallows. I only use it for another hobby: making rope.

I just use my initial and last name. I used to go by "TBK" until someone chose something very similar to go on a killing spree with.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! Any pics of your rope maker Ttutt?

1-shot 1-Kill 52 is my old football number that I started using on everything and school and just kind of stuck with me. No clue why. Dad was a Marine for 20 years and taught me if I am going to shoot make every shot count and by every shot I mean the only one you should have to make.

Avatar is because I am a +1 guy which means one is always in the chamber. A gun is pretty much useless otherwise. So if law permits. I keep it loaded and close by.

I used to race mini-stocks at a local 1/4 mile dirt track and the car I drove was a Toyota Celica GT, hence the "Toy". The #38 was my car number and I choose it because of my hero, #3 Dale Earnhardt Sr & his son #8 Dale Earnhardt Jr. Well #8 at the time. :) I actually won a track championship in 200"3". :D

Nice!

Thanks for sharing toyracer38. I used to race hotwheels with my cousins.

...your story was WAY cooler... :lol:

no avatar yet, gotta find something suitable. My screen name is actually a diminutive form of a screen name I've had for over ten years, KwisatzHaderach, a reference to the science fiction novel "Dune". Folks just found it a lot easier to call me Kwiz or Kwizzer or Kwizzy... anything so they didn't have to try and spell it out!

...and I don't blame them one bit! :lol:

It would have happed here too. We're notorious for shortening and abbreviating names...

Gallows said:
Thanks guys! Any pics of your rope maker Ttutt?

sadly, no. the one machine I made standard sized rope on was hand operated. the frame on that kind of fell apart after a while. I switched to making small cordage for a bunch of folks as crazy about their knots as they are around here about their guns. seems the stuff they liked to use stopped being made in the '70s. I had quite a little customer base until It began to literally take up all of my time.
the machines ran off of little half horse electric motors and the whole setup was strung out all over my yard. there used to be a google maps picture where you could see some of it.

the process itself is so ridiculously simple that its quite a disappointment when you find out how its done.

My screen name comes from me being white and thinking racism is ridiculous (I don't care what color your skin is, I will like you or dislike you just the same as anyone else). My avatar won't load, but the pic was of me conducting the Madison Scouts Drum and Bugle Corps.

What's the issue with your avatar?

The file may be too large and it'll need to be resized to 90x90 before you can upload it.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
...and I don't blame them one bit! :lol:

It would have happed here too. We're notorious for shortening and abbreviating names...

Yup! So true Kwi... so true. :lol:

Just what it say's I am a "Kiwi Mossberg Fan" (New Zealand, little country down the bottom of the Pacific, known for its farming, Rugby and once winners of the Americas Cup).

I am new to owning firearms and I only have Mossberg firearms in my gun safe.

Welcome aboard!

Great to have some representation from the South Pacific! I've always wanted to travel to New Zealand. From what I've seen and heard, it's one of the most naturally beautiful places on earth. Be sure to post up some pics of your Mossbergs in the various weapon subforums. Take a look around the site and let us know if you have any questions.

Real good havin you from so far away!

You guys are also known for a few animals not found anywhere else on the planet!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Welcome aboard!

Great to have some representation from the South Pacific! I've always wanted to travel to New Zealand. From what I've seen and heard, it's one of the most naturally beautiful places on earth. Be sure to post up some pics of your Mossbergs in the various weapon subforums. Take a look around the site and let us know if you have any questions.

Will do, cheers for the welcome!

Rossignol said:
Real good havin you from so far away!

You guys are also known for a few animals not found anywhere else on the planet!

Heaps of bird life which are illegal to hunt. Plenty of waterfowl that we can hunt, ducks, canadian geese, etc. Plenty of deer, pigs, goats, wild cattle, thar, chamois, they tried introducing Moose into Fiordland 100 years ago, none still exist, even though some old timers say they still hear them roar and have found tracks.

No dangerous animals though.

Back