• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

TenPoint Recall Info

MikeD

I'm Your Huckleberry
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
http://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/pages/recall/

VOLUNTARY PRODUCT RECALL

May 2015

In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, TenPoint Crossbow Technologies is announcing a voluntary recall to self-test, and if necessary, repair certain TenPoint and Wicked Ridge crossbows.

TenPoint has discovered that arrows can release from certain crossbows following a sequence of actions involving: 1. pulling the trigger when the safety is on “safe”, 2. moving the safety slide to “fire”, 3. attempting unsuccessfully to return the safety to “safe”, and 4. pulling the trigger a second time believing the trigger is on “safe”.

TenPoint is requesting that owners of these models conduct a simple self-test to determine if their crossbow requires the recall and repair.

Please click here to download the complete Important Safety Notice.
Please click here to download the self-test written instructions.
Please click here to view the self-test video.

To determine if your crossbow is subject to the voluntary recall, please complete the following steps:

Step 1
Do you currently own one of the following crossbow models? If so, please proceed to Step #2.

TenPoint Shadow Ultra-Lite
TenPoint Turbo XLT II
TenPoint Titan Xtreme
TenPoint Maverick HP
TenPoint GT Flex
TenPoint Phantom CLS-S
Wicked Ridge Raider CLS
Wicked Ridge Invader HP
Wicked Ridge Warrior HL

Wow, they finally initiated a recall. I've heard rumors of issues like firing with the safety on but Ten Point said there was no problem. Kinda like Remington and the 700 line.

Wow, they finally initiated a recall. I've heard rumors of issues like firing with the safety on but Ten Point said there was no problem. Kinda like Remington and the 700 line.
Its been a hot topic on CBN for quite a while. Im glad they finally decided to do something. Personally i think the design is bad. None of my bows with ADF need to be recocked/reset after attempting to fire with the safety on.

Back