• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The 9mm Luger

Bump for a really good topic!!!!!

I really like the nines. Have several of them.

Still reading and taking all this in, although my "Project: 9mm" is on hold I'll be back at it eventually!

I'm set on the Beretta 92FS, it feels good to me, so I wont be doin the striker fired gun...

The ammo discussion end of it is always interesting to me, and I agree that $25 for 20 rounds is WAY too much! Law enforcement ammo is often repackaged into the market campaign boxes, so it pays to compare labeling and ballistics for those of us not reloading.

From what I'm seein, the 124 gr. or 147 gr. though the "+P" stuff still confuses me somewhat.

+P is just a hotter load, but still within SAMII spec. In full size pistols it really shines as ot has the longer barrel to pick up the extra velocity it's designed for. Not so much in sub-compacts and pocket guns though. In that case the extre recoil isn't worth the minimal (if any) gain. This help?

Yup! Thanks!

I had kinda thought it meant higher velocities, but wasnt sure. I havent spent much time lookin at 9mm except to notice the 124 gr. and 147 gr. stuff comin up most commonly.

Whats the difference between 9mm Luger and 9 x 19 parabellum?

9mmx19mm
9x19
9mm Luger
9mm parabellum
9mm NATO

All the same developed by Mr. Luger for the pistol he also invented in 1902

I use the 124-gr +P Speer Gold Dot in my S&W Sigma 9mm for SD. Seems to do the trick, but it's pretty expensive.

Rossignol said:
Oooooh, a striker fired pistol! I've yet to fire one, though I've looked and they feel weird!

I am seriously ready to try a 9 though!

Only striker or light DAO pistols for me. Consistancy Is important for me - most of my guns get frequent use - no safe queens here! From where I sit anything else feels weird.

Back