• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The grandson

Was at my son's Thanksgiving and the grandson spotted the point and shoot camera I carry everywhere. Got it mostly for carrying out with my dog's. Well Tristen decided to try it out and shot over 150 frame.s of every thing in their living room. Saturday I took my son out elk hunting with me and found a really neat old building that at one time was a sheep herder's dining area. Decided to take a few photo's of it and only got a couple shots and the battery went dead! He's getting his own for Christmas! His sister got one last year. She's 15 and he's 6!

Be carefull, he's a boy, anything might show up on that camera. LOL

Back in the late '90s I gave my grandson my first [primitive] electronic camera to shoot at a family party. He assembled a beautiful portfolio of knees.

I took a lot of pictures as a kid. Still have the Kodak 126 Instamatic camera. The quantity of pics I took was limited to the number of film cartridges and flash bulbs my parents would buy and then reduced by the cost of processing, something kids today have no concept of.

I still have a small collection of Canon and Nikon SLRs and lenses that no longer get used and have little value in todays digital world.

I was able to sell my medium format stuff before digital took over, though with that one all you needed to do was replace the film holder with a digital back. That option was out of my pay grade at the time...and still is.

Kids today have no idea what a roll of film, or developing means.

I still have several rolls of 35 mm that hadn't been developed. After this period of time, I'm not sure if they would even turn out at all. Last time I sent in 8 or 10 rolls of film, and every single one of them came back black.

Well I know my way around the dark room a little, and my elder daughter was a professional photographer before she went to work for the IRS.

It's a pretty amazing business, but I would stick to non-portrait photography. I have seen what she had to go through working with customers and I wouldn't enjoy it.

And yes digital makes everything incredibly easy.

Back