• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Handlebar Moustache!

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFdBK4gdYcA[/youtube]

I have always wanted a handlebar moustache! I almost have one goin, but I have a beard too... so it doesnt count I guess.

I kinda think of the handlebar moustache as the epitome of facial hair, but I am likely the minority here.

Heres me currently;

Ok, so thoughts on facial hair?

Attachments

• 00_Hogue_Short_LOP.JPG
    00_Hogue_Short_LOP.JPG
    36 KB · Views: 1,487
I am polish and can't grow a beard for the life of me but if I could I would definitely give the handlebar moustache a try!

Being in security, I'm not really allowed to have my beard. I miss it. I've always wondered what I'd look like with a mustachio ... but until I can sustain myself doing just refinishing, I'm stuck doing a 'real' job.

xnezSl.jpg

JGyuw.jpg

i have just the opposite...but i have had one once...yet no pic of it....

I'm not a 'stache' guy, but I recently cut off my goatee after about a five year run. It was pushing 7" at one time and my head's usually clean shaved. I had a real King Tut thing goin on. My wife said I loooked like Scott Ian from Anthrax. I'll see if I can dig up some pics. There's one float'n around here somewhere taken after my wife braided it in three strands just to see what it'd look like.

it's been a long time since i've seen my chin....

Rip, is that green-ish yellow in the one pic? Nice! Lazy, youre gonna have to find those pics man! Dan, I'm sorry man. I dont know what to tell ya. Though I used to wanna get laser hair removal so I wouldnt have to shave anymore, so maybe its a blessing?

I've shaved a couple times, but theres a whole lotta ugly under there, so I just trim everything.

The story of it is this;
I dont like short hair on my wife, she wanted me to grow a moustache. I had never before worn a moustache, just the goatee thing and side burns since I was 15. So the deal was she would keep her hair a little longish and I would grow out the moustache. I just let it all grow together. I used to keep it trimmed down pretty close... until Jenny started getting her hair cut kinda short like, which to me, about her jaw line is too short. I coulda shaved the moustache off, but I was used to it and liked it by then. And most importantly I always wanted a handle bar moustache, so I just let it grow. I can twist the ends together and make it stand out, but havent been confident enough to shave off the rest of the beard, like I said, theres just too much ugly, well Allison tells me she can see my neck fat when I shave... Now, since I have come to like it all over the last several years, Jenny wants me to shave it off.

No way! She gets her hair cut the way she wants, I'm gonna grow out my beard and moustache how ever the heck I want! ;)

johnlsullivan-4.jpg

Go for it Brad! Sounds only fair to me. I say let it ride. Oh, and I feel ya on the hair growth buddy. I have to shave my head two or three times a week to keep it clean. I get 5 o'clock shadow on my noggin.

Hey Rip,

Still haven't seen my chin yet either. I guess I shoulda said trimmed short rather than cut off, but to me losing 6" might as well have been losing the whole thing...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
I'm not a 'stache' guy, but I recently cut off my goatee after about a five year run. It was pushing 7" at one time and my head's usually clean shaved. I had a real King Tut thing goin on. My wife said I loooked like Scott Ian from Anthrax. I'll see if I can dig up some pics. There's one float'n around here somewhere taken after my wife braided it in three strands just to see what it'd look like.
Tell your wife Im impressed she knows who Scott Ian is...

I run my trimmers on 2 in the summer and 3 in the winter to keep my goatee trimmed. the rest of my face I go thru phase of shaving and just keeping a 5 oclock shadow.

I actually detest shaving. So the beard works for me, and the rest of it, well its a bit more than a 5 o'clock shadow. I only shave the rest about once a week.

Normally I keep a 'stache and goatee. I have hat it sense age 19 when I graduated high school. The only time it has ever been shaved off was because I made an error with the trimmers.

Last fall I stopped shaving at the requst of my GF Jody. I grew it until I had a real hot day a few weeks back washing the bikes and got overheated. I haven't done it sense. I actally miss it, so I have sworn off shaving accept for my head. (not to mention my face wasn't used to it, so I got pretty torn up)

If you want it, go for it. The worst thing that can happen is you don't like it and you trim it back.

I dunno man. My oldest daughter is dead set against me shaving any of it... I care more about what she thinks of it than Jenny!

I def hear ya on shaving something that hasnt been shaved in awhile! Man I have had some nasty razor burn on my chin and around the corners of my mouth!

I can relate.

Couple years back after my back surgery I couldn't shave my head for a while. The wife said she liked the hair so I kept it for a year or so. That next Summer it had to go and when I finally did shave my head it felt like I got hit by a swarm of bees.

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
...when I finally did shave my head it felt like I got hit by a swarm of bees.

lol! I can only imagine how that must have felt, and not being able to do a darn thing about it will drive you nearly insane!

On a loosely related note;
I have shaved or at least very closely trimmed my beard back in the winter. You wouldnt think it would make much difference, but that little bit of hair on your face really does help to keep your face warm and prevent windburn. I worked as an iron worker setting structural steel and was outside every winter for 10 years, and at some point every year I would shave having forgot what a difference it makes! :lol:

That s the exact reason I only shaved my face ONCE this year. The beard i growing back for those times spent behind the snow blower on a 100 yard driveway up a hill.

Rossignol said:
Lazy, youre gonna have to find those pics man!

This one's for you Brad,

Took me a while, but I finally found the pic I took when my wife braided the goatee...

Back