• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

"The Kit"

I have heard the legend of "The Kit" in the AR thread of Olde and decided to dedicate a thread to its glory!

"The Kit" of this thread will be your pistol, shotgun, and long gun of choice. Photograph 'em together (creatively if you can) and post them here.

As it was said and so it shall be written.

:lol: Love it! Generations will dedicate song and written word to "The Kit"!

I'll be gettin some pics! ;)

I'm bored and since it's already beer:30 at my house here's a glamour shot...I mean battle ready shot. Dude, I'm so battle ready I'm changin' my name to Jimmy the Kit. :twisted:
So is it written, So shall it be done!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC00766-1.jpg

Behold THE KIT - And as the scribes have written "the three potent projectors of this kit shall be black, each of them black from one end to the other end with nothing in between that is not also black. The insides of the three devices shall also be black and no other color than black shall each of the three be—unless one finds a fantastic sale in OD green then the rare substitution may be made. The containers that hold the potent projectors shall also be black - nay, they may not be blue, taupe, putty, cerulean, magenta, gold or even of deep slate. Black is the color that they shall be. ALSO the holders of the bright shiny projectiles shall also be black as shall the devices from which they hang for black is the color of THE KIT as it has been and as it shall always be - so it be said and so it shall be.

7352613890_972be0d23b_z.jpg

jimmydeuce said:
I'm bored and since it's already beer:30 at my house here's a glamour shot...I mean battle ready shot. Dude, I'm so battle ready I'm changin' my name to Jimmy the Kit. :twisted:
So is it written, So shall it be done!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DSC00766-1.jpg

Ah - Jimmy beat me to it. But I have a plan B that I shall launch! :geek:

mingaa said:
Behold THE KIT - And as the scribes have written "the three potent projectors of this kit shall be black, each of them black from one end to the other end with nothing in between that is not also black. The insides of the three devices shall also be black and no other color than black shall each of the three be—unless one finds a fantastic sale in OD green then the rare substitution may be made. The containers that hold the potent projectors shall also be black - nay, they may not be blue, taupe, putty, cerulean, magenta, gold or even of deep slate. Black is the color that they shall be. ALSO the holders of the bright shiny projectiles shall also be black as shall the devices from which they hang for black is the color of THE KIT as it has been and as it shall always be - so it be said and so it shall be.

Dude I laughed so hard whe I read this!! Absolutely hilarious!

bsipes30 said:
mingaa said:

:lol: Me too! Excellent man! Thats awesome!!! What a fun thread this will be, I'm gonna get pics today for sure!

Dammit,

We're in the middle of movin to the new house. If I take time out to snap more pics of my guns the Mrs. is liable to scissor kick me in the head. Gonna have to wait, for now...

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Dammit,

We're in the middle of movin to the new house. If I take time out to snap more pics of my guns the Mrs. is liable to scissor kick me in the head. Gonna have to wait, for now...

Dont be scared. They already know we're idiots. Why not do more dumb stuff like unpack already packed boxes and hold up the process?

^^^^If she asks wth are you doing just shrug your shoulders and say i was looking for my camera to take some pix of my guns for the guys on the forum......

ripjack13 said:
^^^^If she asks wth are you doing just shrug your shoulders and say i was looking for my camera to take some pix of my guns for the guys on the forum......

^^^Yeah, that!

Sadly, I don't have any particular guns earmarked for any kind of "kit".

I guess that I have been blessed.

I usually quickly decide what I want it to be today depending on my mood and how I feel and go with that :lol:

But I don't have a standard "kit assortment".

bsipes30 said:
mingaa said:

Apologies to Monty Python writers!! Thanks. :D

John A. said:
Sadly, I don't have any particular guns earmarked for any kind of "kit".

I guess that I have been blessed.

I usually quickly decide what I want it to be today depending on my mood and how I feel and go with that :lol:

But I don't have a standard "kit assortment".

Yeah dude, neither do I, never thought about it that way, but this just kinda came up spur of the moment and seemed pretty fun! :D

I'd like to propose an ammendment to the Monty Pythonesque rules of the kit.

While there is provision for OD green in the black between the black on one end and the black on the other end with black inbetween the two ends being all black, I believe we should ammend to include all of God's natural colors being that they compliment and even improve upon the black contained therein being all black between the black from one end to black on the other, that its possible for shades of green and shades of brown including FDE, Tan, Coyote, Sand, Desert, Foliage, OD, Ranger green and the like, but not so much as to include salmon, beige, vermillion, perywinkle, maize and others... That the black may retain its blackness in appearance while being supported by other complimentary colors to black that "The Kit" may look in all aspects, black from beginning to black on the opposite end with black being between the black from here to there.

Follow?

Back