• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Next Randy Weaver?

Yeah, Gunny, and you can bet there are snipers behind every piece of brush...don't want to lose any more Feds due to bad decisions upstairs...

They better have lot's of ammo cause it sounds like there will be several thousand people there by Sunday and more on the way. And many on both sides will be looking for a fight. This has gone way beyond cows and turtles and has turned into a nationwide govt vs the people wrestling match. There's a helluva lot at stake for everyone, no matter who wins or loses. If the gov't opens fire, all hell will break lose, and if the militia open fire, the govt will get out the big guns and it will look like Afghanistan.

Watch for the Domestic Terrorist label to be brought out, which would permit the use of armed drones, gunships, etc. to quell the uprising.

Last edited:
They will intercept cars coming in looking for weapons. They did that at Ruby Ridge when people tried to get to the Weaver family to help them when they were under siege.

Then they will get hit in other places. There are way more pissed people than government thugs. This ain't Waco anymore...

For those following along, check out the link. If accurate it explains a lot. They always say follow the money. The story has the makings of a movie...little guy rancher, BLM and heavy handed feds, big time democrat politician and his lawyer kid, BLM director is Harry's former top aide, commie china and on and on.

Deleted from BLM.gov but reposted for posterity by the Free Republic, the BLM document entitled “Cattle Trespass Impacts” directly states that Bundy’s cattle “impacts” solar development, more specifically the construction of “utility-scale solar power generation facilities” on “public lands.”
“Non-Governmental Organizations have expressed concern that the regional mitigation strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone utilizes Gold Butte as the location for offsite mitigation for impacts from solar development, and that those restoration activities are not durable with the presence of trespass cattle,” the document states.
The BLM’s official reason for encircling the Bundy family with sniper teams and helicopters was to protect the endangered desert tortoise, which the agency has
previously been killing in mass due to “budget constraints.”
“A tortoise isn’t the reason why BLM is harassing a 67 year-old rancher; they want his land,” journalist Dana Loesch wrote. “The tortoise wasn’t of concern when [U.S. Senator] Harry Reid worked with BLM to literally change the boundaries of the tortoise’s habitat to accommodate the development of his top donor, Harvey Whittemore.”
“Reid is accused of using the new BLM chief as a puppet to control Nevada land (already over 84% of which is owned by the federal government) and pay back special interests,” she added. “BLM has proven that they’ve a situational concern for the desert tortoise as they’ve had no problem waiving their rules concerning wind or solar power development. Clearly these developments have vastly affected a tortoise habitat more than a century-old, quasi-homesteading grazing area.”
“If only Cliven Bundy were a big Reid donor.”

Another BLM report entitled Regional Mitigation Strategy for the Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone (BLM Technical Note 444) reveals that Bundy’s land in question is within the “Dry Lake Solar Energy Zone and surrounding area” which is part of a broad U.S. Department of Energy program for “Solar Energy Development in Six Southwestern States” on land “managed” by BLM.
http://www.infowars.com/breaking-sen-harry-reid-behind-blm-land-grab-of-bundy-ranch/

Last edited:
That explains plenty!! Now if they can just catch Reid with his hands in the cookie jar! Isn't this Racketeering?

Let's see.... If he paid the fees, the desert tortoise would be okay. However, because he failed to pay the fees the desert tortoise is in danger and this danger to the desert tortoise is what gives the BLM the justification for their actions?

There is money in it for Reid if he can get the land for implementation of the Solar Energy Development planned in the in Six Southwestern States. Want to bet?

No-fly zone declared over the Bundy Ranch area. Note it's effective because of Hazards, up to 3000 ft AGL. Are they worried about bullets? Apparently. : http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_1687.html

Quote:

Issue Date : April 11, 2014 at 2138 UTC
Beginning Date and Time : April 11, 2014 at 2140 UTC
Ending Date and Time : May 11, 2014 at 1434 UTC
Reason for NOTAM : Temporary flight restrictions
Type : Hazards
Replaced NOTAM(s) : N/A
Pilots May Contact : LOS ANGELES (ZLA) Center, 661-265-8205
Jump To: Affected Areas
Operating Restrictions and Requirements
Other Information
Affected Area(s)
Airspace Definition:
Center: NAVAID() (Latitude: 36º46'24"N, Longitude: 114º11'13"W)
Radius: 3 nautical miles
Altitude: From the surface up to and including 3000 feet AGL
Effective Date(s):
From April 11, 2014 at 2140 UTC
To May 11, 2014 at 1434 UTC

notam_text.gif

Operating Restrictions and Requirements Top
No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).
ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF BLM ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE

Here come the drones...the first person killed by one will be the spark that sets off a new revolution. Several guys from here are headed out there....fully armed and ready for the challenge.

Yes, drones used to kill Americans in this would be a game changer.

Groups from as far away as New Hampshire are riding out to Nevada to join the cattle rancher whose standoff with the federal government is growing tenser by the day.
The groups said they were going to the ranch, some 80 miles north of Las Vegas to stand with Cliven Bundy, who property is surrounded by federal agents. Bundy's herd, which once numbered nearly 1,000, is being thinned out by private contractors under the watch of dozens of armed federal agents in SUVs and helicopters, the government says, he has refused for two decades to pay fees to allow the cattle to graze on federal lands.
“Our mission here is to protect the protestors and the American citizens from the violence that the federal government is dishing out,” Jim Landy, a member of the West Mountain Rangers, who made the journey from Montana to Nevada, told Fox News Channel. “People here are scared.”
Landy said groups were going to the scene to try to help keep the peace.
“The Bundy family is expecting to be shot if they try to round up their own cattle,” he said. “We are here to make sure they are not harmed. The American people are afraid of their Federal Government.”
Members of a Utah militia arrived at the ranch Wednesday, and other militias from Texas, New Hampshire and Florida are reportedly set to arrive in the coming days.

No-fly zone declared over the Bundy Ranch area. Note it's effective because of Hazards, up to 3000 ft AGL. Are they worried about bullets? Apparently. : http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_4_1687.html

Operating Restrictions and Requirements Top
No pilots may operate an aircraft in the areas covered by this NOTAM (except as described).
ONLY RELIEF AIRCRAFT OPERATIONS UNDER DIRECTION OF BLM ARE AUTHORIZED IN THE AIRSPACE

Would this not be considered an infringement of the 1st Amendment by blocking the Press from doing their job? That is the sole reason for a no fly zone...no pictures, no reporting, no evidence. It's not like Obama is going to venture out there...

I saw a report that cell phone towers in the area were shut down...looking for some confirmation.

I saw a report that cell phone towers in the area were shut down...looking for some confirmation.

Heard that also, but according to this it hasn't happened. Some other interesting info tho.

Also, here's the Bundy's facebook page and their website, which is keeping up to date and rumors under control. Has some aerial pics of the LEO compound he flew over:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bundyranch

http://westernrifleshooters.wordpress.com/2014/04/12/bundyranch-report-from-the-ground/

I just arrived at the ranch at 0340. So far my phone and iPad are indicating good reception. I drove by the LEO compound on the way in to Mesquite to fill up on fuel. They have generators with flood lights at their entrance. It looks like something reminiscent to Iraq with the way they have their vehicle entry point set up. The barricades are set up to ensure a vehicle can’t penetrate the main gate. They even have a dump truck parked across the entrance to the compound – to further prevent a VBIED attack?

As I drove further down the road I could see flood lights illuminating the dry riverbed. It appears they have an inner and outer perimeter and a third perimeter of early warning equipment. The LEO compound is more than a compound. It is a fire base, pure and simple.

There are 3 satellite news vans parked at the entrance. So far I have seen about 100 cars parked along side the rode. People are sleeping in tents and in their vehicles. I have made friends with the family parked next to me. They said they are from from Utah, Mom and her 2 teenage girls, an older brother and his roommate. All are open carrying.

Last edited:
That is a surprise that they backed off. That's not like the feds especially when the had the court ruling in hand. The Bundy's are even getting the cattle back. It was less than a day after the Harry Reid story broke which makes it seem like that had a lot to do with it. Either that or with the people pouring in they didn't want a blood bath.

The money trail was tied to Reid and so the story ends.

I doubt I'm the only one that thinks it's a little odd that Bundy, a Mormon, is under Federal siege for property that's been under Mormon control since the 1800's at the hands of Reid, another Mormon. Looks to me like an old blood feud that finally made the front page of national news...

So now we need to get the BLM's after action review for this. They will, no doubt, learn lessons from this and figure out how to mitigate this response for next time.

Getting their after action review will let us know what they may do.

It's probably not really done. They more than likely will come at him again from a different angle after everything settles down. Might not be tomorrow, or over the same issue.

He'd be smart to stay prepared and keep everything out in the open. Don't give them any ammo to come at him with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back