• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Next Randy Weaver?

While the Bundy's won this battle, with the help of Patriots and, finally, some investigative journalism, the war is far from over...

Looking at the map, most of the states with the high percentage of federal land ownership became states after the Civil War was over and states rights lost.

And, they are among the richest in natural resources.... Silver, Gold, Uranium, Oil, Sun (Solar), Hydroelectric, Timber, Farmland, Ranch land, to name a few.

And, they are among the richest in natural resources.... Silver, Gold, Uranium, Oil, Sun (Solar), Hydroelectric, Timber, Farmland, Ranch land, to name a few.

Down here in the South, we consider possums, and dillo's a natural resource. ;):D

Taste like chicken?
beer.gif

that map is interesting , lots and lots of people out this way little tired of the Feds.......public land has lost all meaning.
People in Alaska are so sick of it that if you work for BLM you don't call yourselves BLM, its "Alaska Fire Service" because if your in the bush and you run across people and call yourself BLM, you'll likely not make it home.....

Video from a gathering this weekend in Navada. I know a group of initial response leaving from here , going to there....people with no commitments. Most everyone on this site is from the East so you probably don't hear most of it.......this is a big deal here

http://www.teaparty.org/militia-blm-prepared-use-deadly-force-40489/

With that map the way it is I can't say I blame people for being tired of the feds. I'm glad to hear it's a big deal out there as it should be. Yes, back east here a lot of the news has dried up unless you seek it out.

In what way has public land lost all meaning? I'm guessing that instead of it being land for use by the citizenry it is used as a weapon to control the populace and make the elite more wealthy.

Kinda like the WWII monument being closed to WW2 vets that fought and sacrificed so the monument could even exist and closing "federal parks" during the "shutdown".

Nothing but tools and ways to throw their hissy fits and tantrums. Screw that!!

In what way has public land lost all meaning? I'm guessing that instead of it being land for use by the citizenry it is used as a weapon to control the populace and make the elite more wealthy.
meaning they are making way too many moves regarding your and my land, Public Lands, without your or my input. They are to manage the land as stewards to the public, with public input. Recently the BLM made a wilderness on the Siskiyou/Cascade intersecting crest......there was grazing there too for 150 years but the cattle community here is small. Its not a nice high elevation type wilderness eiher, fire burns hard there and now we have to ask permission to even fire up a chain saw there, cant drive,cant use retardant of our choice... had to fight to even establish helispot LZ's to safely land our helicopters so we don't have to hike 10 miles just to fight a fire with what we can carry on our backs.
They did this with no "vote" or input from the general population. Just a small example of what we re not involved in that we should be. Its always what you cant do, never what you can do.

"The kings deer"

He made great protection for the game
And imposed laws for the same,
That who so slew hart or hind
Should he be made blind.
He preserved the harts and boars
And loved the stags as much
As if he were their father.
Morever, for the hares did he decree that they should go free.
Powerful men complained of it and poor men lamented it,
But so fierce was he that he cared not for the rancour of them all,
But they had to follow out the king's will entirely
If they wished to live or hold their land,
Property or estate, or his favour great.
Quoted in The Royal Forests of Medieval England by Charles R. Young, pp. 2-3.

The most notable provision was that against killing the king's deer. Late in Henry II's reign, his laws implied you would be killed on the third offence. By the time of King Richard the Lionheart (specifically 1198 AD), the penalty for killing a deer was mutilation -- where the law would remove your eyes and certain other delicate parts.

Historically, death or mutilation was the maximum punishment -- often times, offenders were imprisoned and fined.

"The forest has its own laws, based, it is said, not on the Common Law of the realm, but on the arbitrary legislation of the King; so that what is done in accordance with forest law is not called 'just' without qualification, but 'just', according to forest law."(quoted in Young, p. 66)

All of this and more can be found here if anyone cares to read more about it. http://www.boldoutlaw.com/robbeg/robbeg3.html

Its always what you cant do, never what you can do.

Oli that really sucks but it's about what we come to expect from the federal empire. We discussed the attacks on freedoms back east in many threads but I can see they have fingers everywhere...permission to fire up chain saws to fight fires in your own state? Unreal. I have been looking up how they came to control so much land out west and I'll post it up when I'm done but as far as I can tell when territories became states the land was to revert to the newly formed state. Obviously that derailed at some point. I recently heard a bureaucrat being questioned say the states didn't have the knowledge or ability to maintain the land. What a load of crap.

Back