• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Ohio State University "shooting"

RedOBXT

.270 WIN
Supporter
A little rant here. I have family who work and attend OSU and received real-time texts during the terrorist attack.
Firstly, kudos to the officer, Alan Horujko, who shot and killed the terrorist very quickly.
And for the university's alert for "Run, Hide, Fight."

Now enter politics: OSU has yet to declare this an act of terrorism. WTF more evidence do they need? This Muslim refugee's family was granted green cards to enter our country. Then they used Catholic charity services to settle in. The attacker was on federal grants to attend OSU. Then this A-hole declares he was oppressed and too "scared to pray on campus." This terrorist virtually won the lottery from our country, aaarg! Oppressed!? He should have moved back to Somalia or Pakistan.

And now lawmakers are using this attack to bolster gun control agendas. This is nuts! OSU is a gun free zone, if anything this should encourage that to change!

Idiots are also condemning OSU for its "Run, Hide, Fight" alert, arguing that one should never encourage fighting, too risky! They interpreted the alert to mean do those things in that order, failing to understand it means 1. Run (if you can) 2. Hide (if you can) 3. Fight (if 1&2 are not an option).

This attack could have been much worse. I'm very thankful for that, but I'm truely pissed off it's being used for ludicrous agendas (I know, we all are, it's just that this one was close to home for me).
End rant. Thanks

All of these individual isolated events have a common connection but neither our government nor the media will connect the dots. In fact they do everything they can to bury it.

On look at Germany, France, etc and we can see where this path leads.

Several mosques got hate mail from some moron yesterday. One of them was a building that I drew years ago in Fresno.

I don't think we have radical mosques in these parts, but then stuff like that letter won't help at all.

Well, of course. It was a shooting. A poor defenseless young Muslim American was profiled, shot and killed by a brutal law enforcement officer. Fits exactly in with their agenda. Disarm the police before more of this happens. o_O Take care. Tom Worthington

. . . . OSU has yet to declare this an act of terrorism . . .

Clearly people were terrorized by a madman.

Was it a coordinated effort from the caliphate?

Tough to prove either way, but it would be insane to claim that the perp was not influenced by their jihad propaganda. The influence is worldwide and oppressive.

"Tough to prove either way, but it would be insane to claim that the perp was not influenced by their jihad propaganda. The influence is worldwide and oppressive."
[/QUOTE]

This.
The individual was self-radicalized, I think. And when he felt oppressed, the jihadi influence makes it OK to try to commit mass violence.
His family appears to be shocked at his behavior. Given my benefit of doubt, maybe they are good Americans and will act to prevent radicalization of other displaced Muslims.

Yes, please let them denounce this act and the whole jihadi business as ancient barbarism.

This stuff is on the rise. What the universities need to do is rethink there "safe space" doctrine and get these kids to thinking about the future where this happens more frequently. Be vigilant, be alert to everything around you. Get rid of the earbuds and headphones and PAY ATTENTION.

Several mosques got hate mail from some moron yesterday. One of them was a building that I drew years ago in Fresno.

I don't think we have radical mosques in these parts, but then stuff like that letter won't help at all.

Yeah, strongly worded letters never killed anyone.

His family appears to be shocked at his behavior.

maybe they are good Americans and will act to prevent radicalization of other displaced Muslims.

Who says his upbringing didn't influence his actions?

Freedom doesn't mean the freedom to be a fearmonger or start a riot. It doesn't mean the freedom to drive people mad. It doesn't mean we can scapegoat.

As much as I think that Moslems should all come to Jesus, get Baptized and learn to sing the Doxology, it hurts our cause to threaten people.

If you're going to do something, then do it. Don't send out letters telling people what you want to do. Just man up and do it, or don't.

It's not that someone's feelings will get hurt. It's just that it's a pitiful and stupid thing to go about threatening people.

Any lawyer will tell you that it's self-defeating to threaten. If you're going to sue, sue. But don't go about telling people you'll sue them.
It just gives your opponent more ammo. It gives them time to hide the WMDs.

That being said, it wouldn't bother me one second me if they all just packed up and moved back to the sandbox.

24ay4w8.jpg

Wasn't sure whether to put this picture in this topic since it was relevant, or whether I should've put it in the pictures that make you LOL thread because a search of the suspect didn't turn up a gun but out of respect for the victims, I didn't really find it funny at all. Reports I heard was the muslim guy rammed a group of people over with his car, and then got out and started stabbing people.

And caddmann, I have no idea what letter you're talking about. But I will agree that talk is cheap and means nothing.

The only gun involved was Officer Horujko's, used in a righteous (just) shooting.
Where is wailing and hand wringing over the killer cars and evil knives that ANY one can purchase without a background check?
Ah well, can't let a good tragedy go to waste.

Tim Kaine is a tool, and with a very dull edge.

Pretty much every time he opens his mouth you can see that he didn't get elected for his brains.

John, one of the Talking Heads connected this Jihadi attack to a series of hate mail sent to popular mosques. I don't know if it had anything to do with that or not and I kind of got this thread sideways talking about it.

John, one of the Talking Heads connected this Jihadi attack to a series of hate mail sent to popular mosques. I don't know if it had anything to do with that or not and I kind of got this thread sideways talking about it.

Yeah, and a lot of talking heads have them stuck up their a$$ too.

It's nothing more than excuse to do evil. You can never justify mass killings no matter how hard they try.

And again back to my earlier comment.

Screw 'em and their special kind of stupid.

The governor's quote wasn't any better than Tim Kaine...
Kasich stated, “We may never totally find out why this person did what they did or why they snapped … we may never find out.”

It's hard to find out anything when your head is that far up.

@John A.

I'm trying not to sound like an apologist here. I was the guy screaming nuke 'em after 911.

Just reported what people said about this & how disturbing it was.

One of the disturbing things is that people tried to deflect this mass murder away from islam the same way HRC deflected the news about Benghazi. They blame the whole thing on some isolated inflammatory incident, which while being in itself totally wrong, was in no way responsible for anything evil.

The thing responsible is now dead, & of course he is just a tiny claw of the Jihadi movement. Someone on the radio this morning was talking about the neutron bomb as a nice solution to the Middle East.

It actually warmed my heart a little bit.

Back