• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The old Black Weber

The Cajun adrenaline seasoning made a fabulous rib rub had a good kick to it. @CaddmannQ the beans were great that way il make that a standard going forward to do them on the coals nice not having to use kitchen too.

Resurrection time, first cook at new house. Some slamming ribs and beans in cast iron under them per @CaddmannQ to catch them yummy drips. ☺ shes old and rough but still gets it done holds a nice steady 225 as long as I want. Juiced slathered and wrapped 1 hour till we eat 20180702_155502_Burst01.jpg 20180702_134353.jpg 20180702_160117.jpg 15305709646511079940460.jpg 15305710236522031206949.jpg

Well it sure looks good and I hope you soaked those beans overnight.

I did not the first time I did them & I had to microwave mine to get them really done.

Live and learn :rolleyes:

By the way my house is being remodeled and I am basically cooking and living in the garage.

I have the two barbecue still but it's a hundred and five on my back porch.

I think we're eating cold roast beef sandwiches under the A/C tonite.

Well it sure looks good and I hope you soaked those beans overnight.

I did not the first time I did them & I had to microwave mine to get them really done.

Live and learn :rolleyes:
For sure beans id claim expert status on, now the catching drippings with em yyuuummm awesome tip

I have an old Webber just like that. Several years ago, I drilled a hole in my lid and installed a thermometer like this: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Char-Broil-Round-Grill-Thermometer/1000347683

It makes it really easy to keep tabs on the temperature especially when I'm indirect cooking. I don't have to remove the lid, possibly scattering ashes but definitely losing heat.
Thermo is for sure important
If im cookin big meat, i hook up the electronic meter for sure. For my ribs on the old weber honestly i dont really even pay attention to much anymore. Ive got that cook down pat as long as I dont change anything fuel wise.

The $14 Expert Grill from Walmart works well. I eventually wrecked the probe, but a new one is cheaper than a replacement probe for other models.
Now I have 2 but just one probe.

Since I bought one my cooking has been very consistent.

Late getting going today "butt" better late than never. If you dont know whats going on in pic i encourage you to learn itl change your life.1530790153730617845066.jpg

5 hours in all is well meat almost 150, grill holding 225ish.
@Pawpaw here is the thermo i use, i believe called acurite ? Its from academy they had one a little more i should have bought instead as it had a nice backlight for in dark this one does not . Just for info anyone wanting to try the snake I get a solid 12 hour no touch smoke this method. Rarely have i actually needed that long though.20180705_133337_HDR.jpg 20180705_133305_HDR.jpg

Yummmm.....

I have been dying to smoke a roast out on the back porch but too many things are going on in life right now.

Fortunately I have some leftover barbecued ribs and I'm going to make tacos out of them.

Right now I'm out of propane and the Weber is filthy and I have absolutely no motivation to go out and barbecue because it is about 110 degrees outside.

CMQ~ you aren't going to do a roast that is real lean are you? I know you know your cuts of meat and smoking.

I know bupkus. :idk:

Nobody taught me how to cook and everything I know is from experimentation and reading bits of James Beard.

Anyhow that roast went in the crock pot with potatoes and vegetables.

Yummmm.....

I have been dying to smoke a roast out on the back porch but too many things are going on in life right now.

Fortunately I have some leftover barbecued ribs and I'm going to make tacos out of them.

Right now I'm out of propane and the Weber is filthy and I have absolutely no motivation to go out and barbecue because it is about 110 degrees outside.

I believe you need to get your priority back in line ypur yang and yin are way out of whack brother Cadd.

DJ one of my biggest problems is that we eat too damn well.

I'm always working to fight off the extra poundage.

I have to go to the hospital today and visit my wife's nice, who was in an apartment fire and suffered first and second degree burns on 30% of her body. She's got pig skin grafts on her arms and legs.

You will understand if I have a tough time thinking about barbecue right now buddy.

Back