• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The old muzzleboomer.

Djcala

.30-06
Supporter
Well its been a very long time. For years i had a real love for black powder but somewhere along the way it passed. However, ive always hung onto 1, this bargain level CVA Missouri rifle purchase at Fays in Watertown NY 1989 it was what i could afford maybe 100bucs ? It harvest several deer over the years, but ive not touched it in at least 15 years till yesterday. Id been speaking with an old friend who happened to be with me on the first time id killed a deer with a muzzleloader this muzzleloader. Sooo i broke it out yesterday and loaded up a .490 patched round ball, 80grns of powder walked out to the 100yd mark and let one fly the chik/kaboom smoke cloud was exhilarating again ☺, load again same shot. No clue were they are landing ??
Ahhh success did i center punch my blue dot nope but not bad for 15 yrs away and that badguy would not have been functional any longer, i will spend time monday getting this old girl dialed in proper again as itbshould be and I believe I will hunt with it this year. It has also reinforced my desire to add a modern muzzleloader to the armory.
Ps. Black buckhorn sights black target evening light old worn out eye ugggh its getting harder.

20180811_201409_HDR-1.jpg

oh i put this in range report not firearms section as our government has determined this .50 cal lead chucker that blows quarter size holes thru both sides of steel barrel at 100 yds is NOT A FIREARM . Gotta love them folks sometimes they are a blessing.
Nope no sir I have no firearms im defenselessfresh-outlaw-josey-wales-quotes-89-best-clint-eastwood-images-on-pinterest.jpg

Since it is a non-firearm, you should build a non-suppressor to go on the end of it.

You know, kinda like those non gun pellet guns that shoot faster than a 22lr that have "air moderators" on them.

Since it is a non-firearm, you should build a non-suppressor to go on the end of it.

You know, kinda like those non gun pellet guns that shoot faster than a 22lr that have "air moderators" on them.

If someone put one of them suppressed maxim 50s in my hand and I had the spare 600bucs 100% no doubt it would come home, ive been eyeing them a good while now. Its a brilliant idea

If you had the tools and were so inclined, you would be able to make one and weld it to a barrel. No paperwork required since it's not a firearm suppressor.

Just sayin'.

If you had the tools and were so inclined, you would be able to make one and weld it to a barrel. No paperwork required since it's not a firearm suppressor.

Just sayin'.

Yes sir, or someone with said knowledge skills and abililties could do it for me LOL just need to run across the right modern style one will surely pop up folks buy and loose interst in them regulary.

How does one build a non-suppressor for a non-firearm where at some point in the process is doesnt appear to be a non-suppressor for non-firearm?

I suppose if it was never threaded it may pass but it still seems like kind of a grey area ....

For the same reason that they're allowed on pellet guns.

And for the same reason they're allowed to be welded onto car exhausts.

Because they're not being mounted on a gun. Therefore they are not firearm silencers.

Your muffler shop doesn't have to fill out and wait a year or more to replace your catylictic convertor do they?

It was only a couple years ago that MI reclasified airguns making them not-firearms. Prior to that suppressed airguns were illegal. I still am not sure of all the specifics on this.

My point was that ATF tends to stretch the 'destructive intent' principle and I can see it being easy for things to go bad.

Perhaps I am just overly cautious.

"Consturctive intent/possession"
Ie.... Never keep 2liter bottles or oil filters or pillows near firearms!!!

Ps Im just jabbing abit for fun, the concerns are certainly well founded though the laws and varied regs are obsurd.

I agree. I think destructive intent is a catch all which is too broad in scope and allows then to apply it to almost anything they see fit. People can and have been destroyed financially and otherwise by over application of this clause.

I realy do want a suppressed smokepole!!

If Karen Mallard who was running for Senate in Virginia can make an illegal SBR AR15 on youtube with close to 1 million views, and atf not arrest her, you shouldn't worry about it Mike.

“I knew exactly what I was doing.” Congressional candidate saws AR-15 apart

Back