1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

The plight of the crappy drag racer.

Discussion in 'Non-Work Safe' started by Bathrobeman, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Bathrobeman

Bathrobeman .270 WIN

My torque hit is comes pretty quick and it’s almost all of it at once. I usually blow the tires off or bogg if I don’t drive it out of the hole. That was with a 3.73 rear but I have a 3.31 going in currently.
    Cruising with 3.73’s gets old fast on the highway.
    meanstreak likes this.
  2. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

Nice Mustang Barh, looks like you take great care of it.
    Bathrobeman likes this.
  3. Bathrobeman

Bathrobeman .270 WIN

Thanks. Dad bought it back in ‘95.
    It was stock and different blue most of it’s life. It set for a good while and then about 9 or 10 years ago the rebuild started.
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. 95jza80tt

95jza80tt .270 WIN

At least you are building skills and doing it right by being safe. I was one of those kids with the rice rockets in the industrial side of town making a mess of the nicely paved roads and running from police when they showed up. Luckily I got that out of my system quickly, but then soon after it was highway racing instead and then after that was mountain driving. I eventually stopped since I got married and had a kid. I couldn't bring myself to dig a financial pit that I would have to pay for the rest of my life to crawl out of. I'm already doing that with purchasing my first house.
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. Bathrobeman

Bathrobeman .270 WIN

I was that kid too except going down a two lane small TX town, one car in each lane.
    I’m 35 and domesticated now...