1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

The power of a 1 ounce Foster Slug

Discussion in 'Ammunition' started by Kodiak, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Kodiak

Kodiak .270 WIN

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HuVkXLreWE[/youtube]
  2. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Great informative vid. I love it......and my slugs.
  3. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Nice video. Those slugs pack quite a punch.
  4. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

Slugs are pretty awesome!
  5. WARRANT

WARRANT Copper BB

6. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

My local Gander has that on sale a few times a year. Almost seems like once a month for $100 OTD. I agree not for sissies ;)
  7. WARRANT

WARRANT Copper BB

Kodiak, I've watched several of your videos. Very nice work thanks. How long were you Navy?
  8. Kodiak

Kodiak .270 WIN

5 years, one tour. Thanks for the positive comment on my videos!

Sent from my DROIDX
  9. 12G

12G .22LR

Slugs are my favorite ammo. I have been making them for 25 years and shot more than 20,000 of them but the most fun was developing new rounds like wistling rounds, plastic darts, lead rounds with plastic streemers that make a funny noise, lead nose rounds that fold out in flight, frag rounds that break into 100 small pieces on impact. Im working on one that decoils very fine hightensile wire and some other harder ones that need a lot more thaught.
  10. 3skulls

3skulls .270 WIN

Been watching your videos over the past couple of weeks. Didn't know you were a member here.
    The 100 yard and 200 yard videos caught my attention.

Thanks for sharing.
  11. mingaa

mingaa Raconteur

Kodiak - your video work is super - direct, clear and informative. The gel demonstrates killer (literally) penetration. 12" and a massive wound cavity. Most agree that a slug is not a #1 go to SD round but that demonstrates what a CBM hit would do to a BG (or a deer) - "Sit down, shut up, bleed out". Also some subtle humor in the fence post and its slow death fall following the shot!
  12. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

I would be very interested in seeing some pictures or Videos. I am sure everyone else would be too!
  13. 12G

12G .22LR

Happy to do that and have tried to but cant seem to post pictures on here. Help!
  14. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

A lot of folks here is an online image sharing/storing site like photobucket or Flickr. I personally use photobucket.com for all my picture needs.