• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

Just an observation on the state of human affairs:

The show "Finding Bigfoot" is in it's 6th season.

... marinate on that for a minute ...

They've been searching for Bigfoot on that TV show for six damn years and they haven't found $#!+, but people can't stop watching. What the hell is wrong with people that according to the Animal Planet network it's their highest rated show?!

Just had to get that outta my system...

I hadn't noticed really that that show had been on for so long. But hell...the kardashitians is still on...how much more of them do we need to see? My wife loves that crap. As soon as I walk upstairs from my shop she changes the channel to hide it. Like I couldn't hear that sh!t before down cellar......sheesh.

Ok, so this is not gun related. but it could be...:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

So, we have family coming down from Chicago. Was supposed to come in later today. Showed up at 1130 last night (after I was a sleep). Since wife is gone I have all the household stuff to do...dogs, cats, dishes, etc.

So, at 11:30 pm I get a call "We're here!" F**K! Instead of niece and son we have niece, son and two friends (all teenagers). Double F**K! Go back to sleep and get up at 6. Walk out into the kitchen and what do I find? The kitchen is flooded, light fixture covers on the floor. Go up stairs and the F******g toilet is completely full and flooding (looks like a whole roll of TP was used to finish the mission). Thanks, guys (NOT!!!) Get niece up and clean up. Go to the basement. F************************K! It is flooded, too. Must have been running since midnight. What a #$%^&*@ mess! I had water running into my hair, down my back, feet wet. Destroyed the carpet cleaner trying to vacuum up all the water in the semi-unfinished basement. All the clothes that were washed and sitting on the rack in the basement are soaked. Wife doesn't know yet...she comes home today.

Niece asked me what I needed. I said a drink...at 7 am. Gonna be a great day! Have a good one, fellas!

That sucks. Did you give them the boot?

Exactly what I was thinking! :mad: After the early awakening, and the inquisition, and ALL the "guests" cleaning up after themselves while I supervised, :cool: the teens would be sleeping in a tent outside of the house somewhere, only girls allowed in the house to pee. :p

PS: make sure the guns are locked up as they have lost firearms privileges...

They are all still here but very cognizant of my "extreme displeasure" in the matter. They are not allowed upstairs and actually told them yesterday that could crap outside under the bushes. Since no one stepped up to take responsibility all are guilty. My wife's nephew was read the riot act and I told him "your friends, your responsibility". She was out of town but heading back when I told her (wanted to wait but either way she was going to be pissed). Kitchen ceiling and light fixtures are toast (but needed to be replaced anyway...just accelerated the process now), and the kitchen floor (tongue and groove wood slats) are discolored and the ends are warping. Another "project" that will need to be accelerated.

My S/D informed me the toilet "stuck" on her the other day but she neglected to tell me. If the flapper hadn't stuck in the open position we wouldn't have this issue...just the water from the bowl until the tank stopped running. Ah, communication breakdown...gotta love it....

Sounds like you need a good pedicure and facial wrap.

And a nice bottle of Kentucky bourbon.

I'll pass on the pedicure (can't stand to have anyone touch my toes :eek:) and my face is too tough for a facial. Passed on the KY bourbon (although I have a nice stock of it right now) but had my share of Patron tequila to quell my anger. But that is like rolling the dice for me...up to a point I'm good and happy, past that point I think I'm Superman or the Hulk. Either way it ends up hurting.

Still, managed to have a pretty good Fourth...I think the kids are part fish. They were either in the pool or the hot tub...

Got an %$#^%$^ inch of
fa427a96bf0dd5d486be90f8153d2270.png
this morning. Dammit...

I hope this doesn't continue, first day of turkey season is a little more than a week away!

If I was able to, I'd hunt in the snow...I like try stuff at least once...
I tried hunting in the rain...that is so lame....wont be trying that again....

Turkeys and deer will move rain, snow or shine. Not so much in storms but you can seem in open fields when it is raining

I wont say it doesnt suck, just that it can be productive. ;-D

I hadn't noticed really . . . My wife loves that crap. As soon as I walk upstairs from my shop she changes the channel to hide it. Like I couldn't hear that sh!t before down cellar......sheesh.

I feel for you buddy. My wife has two dual chanel DVRs going so she can record all these crazy shows that she watches.

This is what's grabbing the California economy you guys this crazy entertainment industry pays billions meanwhile major agriculture, which is merely a necessary evil, only pays Millions, so they shuffle it out of state.

Back