• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

That sounds more like a score than a rant! Uhhh... congrats I think?

So I'm subbing myself out to this constsruction company, and they do a bunch of work at Hamilton , Pratt, and Sikorsky. Anyhow they have a small workforce, more like useless lazy sob's.Now I'm no stranger to hard work, but really now, can a at least one of the morons do something to try to make it look like I'm not doing all the work. I just tied rebar all day for a machine pit, and 2 of the guys just wandered around aimlessly all day. I did a 30' x 40' out with 2 layers 12" boxed. Me...noone else. Grrrrr

Damn, that sucks bro.

I've always wondered how people like that make it in a job, or life for that matter, just doing enough not to get fired for incompetence. It amazes me that the folks in charge are either letting it slide, or they themselves aren't paying attention to their supervisory duties. It's pitiful bro and just isn't the way I was raised...

Lazy I feel the same.

RipJack, I used to do a heck of a lot a rodbustin. Tieing those mats all day ... 2 layers tied together with chairs... by the time the end of the day comes around, just tryin to step through the mat sux! Dude thats a rough way to make a livin, it used to be a younger mans job. Then the BS with the other guys...

I feel for ya man.

I have to do more mats on Monday as well. This machine out requires a 4' deep concrete pad, and it gets mats spaced 8" on top of each other. So hopefully noone drops their tools in it. That'll be fun time trying to get em out of 4' deep rebar mat. LOL. Ooh. We could bury the two foolios in it!!!

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
Damn, that sucks bro.

I've always wondered how people like that make it in a job, or life for that matter, just doing enough not to get fired for incompetence. It amazes me that the folks in charge are either letting it slide, or they themselves aren't paying attention to their supervisory duties. It's pitiful bro and just isn't the way I was raised...

we had a guy in the department that was old, worthless, easily confused, and reminisced alot about other jobs. At the last down turn, he was cut. Talking with my boss later, he said that while there was alot he just didn't do or didn't do right and was a PITA to manage, he just really didn't know how to fire him. He never did anything that was grounds for dismissal, but never did well on reviews either.
I think a lot of people are kept around because its less work to keep them than go thru the process of termination.

BEGIN RANT …I hate when people drive with their brights on during the day. I remember a time when people flashed you because your lights were on during the day and if you did it it’s because there was some sort of memorial or it was foggy. Then in the name of safety people started driving with their lights on….ok if you want. Then manufactures started making cars with lights on during the day, not your choice…..ok now that pisses me off a little even if it is a good thing to me it represents one more choice taken away. Now there are over the top touchy feely ultra green do-gooders that think “if the dims are going to save my life then brights will really do a good job” ….”And no one will care because it is day light”…., well news flash bubble boy, they still shine in my face and give me road rage against your dumb ass…..END RANT

I live on a hill and my house is uphill from the road. This means that I need to clear my driveway of all snow no matter how slight so it doesn't become packed and create a ski slope into the road and then into the neighbor’s house across the street.

So, Sunday morning, I get up to clear off the inch or two that was in the driveway from the previous days snowfall. Not too big of a deal as we have had very little if any accumulation this year. I grab my jacket and gloves and head out to the shed.

I pull out the snow blower and figure I will be able to run at full speed and make quick work of the light covering and be back inside enjoying a lazy Sunday before long. I top off the fuel tank and get it all set up to start it.

First pull of the chord and it breaks off in my hand. OK, I can fix this after I am done because it has an electric start as well. I drag it around to the other side of the shed to my motorcycle trailer is so I can use the power chord I have the trailer hooked up with. I plug in the chord, hit the button and the worst gear grinding noise is all I get. The starter has come loose and is not engaging.

OK, now I am getting ripped. I go back inside, grab some tools and head back out. I drag the snow blower to an open space in the driveway and clear a patch with the shovel to work. It’s not that I can’t figure this stuff out, it’s that this isn’t what I wanted to be doing today, ah, homeownership… (have I mentioned I HATE being cold yet?) After dropping a socket or two into the snow I begin to speak in tongues. I have to remove my glasses because the steam pouring out of my jacket into my face is fogging them up. Gloves become a hindrance like trying to type with mittens... just isn't happening. I stumble along and secure the starter the best I can figure out and drag it back over to the power chord.

Something resembling my sanity in a rock tumbler is the sound it makes and doesn't start. OK, this can't beat me, I must win.

I remove the pull chord winding and bring it inside to re-attach the rope. I clear off a spot on my work bench and manage to reattach the rope and wind it up. OK, maybe this won't end so badly after all? I get it all back outside and replace it. First pull only half the rope retracts. At this point, if they are looking, I can picture the neighbors having dialed 9-1 and are waiting to dial the other 1.

I attempt the half rope pulls for 10 minutes. It doesn't start. The girlfriend has been coloring her hair this whole time and has been giving me plenty of room to this point understanding just how periless contact at this point could be. But she decides this is the best time to offer her insight to the understanding of internal combustion engines.

"Have you checked the oil?" she asks sticking her head out of the door with her head wrapped in something I can't make out due to the sauna like steam clouds pouting out of my jacket into my glasses at this point.

I think I did something that looked like a scene out of Poltergeist, because she immediately shrank back into the house with just the utterance of “Jody, … go!”

I believe I hear a snicker from the lawn mower as I dejectedly push the snow blower back into the shed in disgust.

I grabbed the shovel and began the long slow process of shoveling my entire 75 yard driveway including the turn around, by hand.

After I finished, I crumpled myself into the couch after stripping off the clothes that have now adhered to my body like tube socks in wallpaper paste. I use that time to make note to myself that I USED to go to the gym on a regular basis, and that was years ago. I need to get my lazy ass back in shape.

Not far into this internal conversation, my friend that is renting one of my bedrooms comes in and sees the subtle notes of homicide on my face and asks what’s up. I explain my day to him and (being a mechanic) sets his things down and heads out to have a look.

First press of the starter button, it fires right up. He lets it idle and warm up and it rumbles along as if to taunt me. I grab my PS3 controller and start up Battlefield 3 to reap my vengeance on some poor unsuspecting 7 year old and take pleasure in it.

He comes in shortly afterward with the pull rope assembly and repairs that. I thank him for his kindness while a sneering smile creeps over my face as explosive projectiles from my on screen shotgun send some poor guy several feet into the air cartwheeling with what I envision is my snow blower alung to his side.

I am sore but a better man for surviving this. Right?

Imagine how pissed you would have been if you started getting owned or robbed at Battlefield.

I just earned the 3rd seat in the tank.....3 people in the tank, laser tagging targets....pretty cool with 2 friends all in communication, took out 6 enemy tanks a couple of those Russian transport things 2 helos and about a dozen troops before they got us with an amtrak and none of us were even engineers....the tank is mo better now

websites that don't let you hit the BACK button.

You end up having to hit back multiple times to escape their grasp.

kids who piss n moan about getting up for school. then when they are up, act like a little b***h and refuse to go to school.

kids who if they don't get their way say "they want to move back in with dad"...why? cuz dad don't give 2 s***s about what you do.
*/rant about brats.
----------------------------------------

*\ rant..
(both day and night, but mostly night)
people who drive behind you with their high beams on.
people who drive towards you with their high beams on.
people with the extra set of lights underneath the high beams they already have on.

i'd love to have some sort of slingshot/bbgun device hooked up to my truck that would be aimed directly at the offenders lights (think james bond here) so that when they do offend me with their careless attitude with high beams, i can press a button and BOOM BOOM, out go the lights.

*/rant

I have thought for years that people would be a lot nicer on the road if some cars and truck were equipped with RPG's forward and rearward. Now for the snow, haven't seen any in three months except in pictures. As dry as it has been son't expect to see any for at least another month. We don't even have show blowers and snow plows are not very plentiful either. If it does snow, we just wait for the sun to do it's job, but that's what I get for living in Texas. Now don't get me wrong, I have lived in the snow belt and felt the wrath ot the lake effect show and let me tell you, one winter of that crap was plenty for me.

I'm finally getting into the swing of driving about 80 miles one way to get to work and I am not looking forward to snow or ice. Best news is the do pay for the travel and gave me the maximum raise they could with out going to the president of the division and made it retro-active to the first of December. I think they like my work.

Yesterday though, I came home to a fan blowing on the carpet in my bathroom, What the heck. We had this exceedingly large woman staying with use for a few days, a friend of ours and she had used my Jacuzzi tub. She had filled the tub almost full and fell into it, displacing most of the contents. I did check the hinges on the bathroom door to see if there were any further damages from the ensuing tidal wave.

Got through the weekend, company is gone and I didn't find the time to try out the Hornady SST 12 gauge sabots yet. Looks like it may be next weekend. Did get the bluing done on the barrel I got from tnxtdhooter. Seems the Post Office screwed up in inspecting it, didn't repackage it properly and riding on the truck from Tennessee to Texas, had massive scratches in the vented rib and bad scuffs on the barrel. Rat tail file, Scotch Brite, steel wool and Blue Wonder have it looking almost like new. Now I have long barrels for both shotguns, smooth bore for one and a rifled barrel for the other. Time to go kill something besides targets. Watch out hogs, here I come and when the seasons back, watch out birds.

On a much sadder note, someone is down one nice looking hunting dog today, A pack of nice looking dogs chasing after a bitch in heat ran out in front of me this morning. Seven dogs in all and only one hit but dead. Did some damage to the under bumper air dam on my truck. Public safety decided not to respond and company safety decided not to report on it either. Mechanic was kind enough to remove the offending piece and said not to worry, I was getting a new truck next month anyway.

I hate it when I forget to lock my truck….99.9% I don’t forget. I was in and out of the truck a lot helping my son fix his car. I got out of the truck and Daniel, my son, locked his side of the truck because he knows I have lockitis, I remember thinking we are coming back to go to the parts store in 10 minutes. Well we didn’t need to and I never returned to lock the truck. Got up to go to work this morning and my truck gun was gone…….mostly my fault but it sucks. The officer said there is a pretty big problem with this right now with the teens trying to get money for oxy….I feel like I have been slipping lately, and now I feel like a big idiot. Been learning some hard lessons lately lol.

Oh man....Oli that hurts me to even read that. I friggin hate theives. I had a toolcart full of my tools stolen from work. I was told the studio has security 24/7 on duty so my stuff will be safe. Even though I always take home what I brought in, I decided to leave them that day or even chain it up. Silly fool. 6grand of tools gone.

I feel for ya man. I hope they get caught and get what's rightfully yours.

Thanks, but damn 6Gs in tool, I like my tools as much as my guns.....and you made your living with them. You had to be crushed....

Oh, Boy. Those last two posts make me so pissed, and also feel so sad for you guys. I see victims all the time and it's never gotten easy, but it's even worse when it happens to friends like you.

Back