• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

I thought about you when the officer showed up to my door. He looks like you and was a respectful caring gentleman that you would want to keep on your good side. He came in my garage to do the paperwork because it was raining and we ended up talking guns and reloading.....

About 15 years ago someone broke into my truck an stole all my tools. They forced open the topper on my pickup. To add insult to injury they closed the topper door but left the tailgate open I had backed into the space and couldn't see the back as I approached. I didn't notice when I left for work that day; the tailgate was below the field of view of my mirror. Everything that remaind in the truck slid out on my 60 mile commute. I backed in at work, still not noticing. I didn't know until one of my coworkers that came in behind me asked why my tailgate was open.

The few things I was able to recover from the side of the expresway were destroyed, I never did get any of the tools back.

All of this talk of theivery is bringing back many unresolved feelings from my break in back in July. So sorry for you guys. I can relate.

Holy smokes fellas, that blows! I cant stand thievs and liars...

Dang guys, real sorry to hear it.

One of the things that really bothers me about havin tools stolen from work... its that its someone you know, and perhaps even work with. Or at least that was my case. Things would disappear and it was one of our own. It happened every so often over quite some time.

Funny thing about the situation was I got my cart back, minus the casters. They were big ole 8" rubber ones. Those were $50 a piece. It just made me laugh cuz the cart was $350 Rubbermaid one. 4' long 2' wide kind. The police found it in the LA river 2 miles from the studio. Why just take the wheels? I went to pawn shops and bought old stuff to get me by. I was hoping to actually find some of my tools.no luck...... I hate borrowing tools. But I got by and amassed a new collection of tools but I still need to find a Hobart 110 welder set up. I love that little thing. It was 2 months old. Brand new....

...and we were just talkin about this whole zombie thing going too far. Saw this yesterday at a stoplight...

My wife n I were talking about the zombie stuff this weekend. She wants me to eat her if I turn into a zombie cuz she doesn't eat meat so she doent want to be a zombie.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, after 3 hours of trying to get a hold of a live person at the IRS today I finally found my answer on Yahoo Answers ... Apparently the IRS upgraded their systems this year and everything is all messed up. I had an expected refund date of today according to the irs.gov website. I checked again yesterday just to make sure and I got a message saying "We cannot provide any information about this refund." When you call the contact number, which is an automated thing with no option to actually talk to someone, it says the exact same thing. So the consensus is that anyone that filed right at the end of Jan/beginning of Feb wont get there return till the 22nd-28th if they were lucky enough to not to have the new system flag their filing for the fraud unit.

This just blows because someone got to the rifle I was hoping to pick up today before I got this all sorted out. I guess I'll just have to keep hunting. I really wanted that rifle though. It was the Colt Defense stamped lower without the For Government/Military blah blah blah stamp on it, which is hard to find. And for only $1099, that was a steal!

Dude, that blows. Ours was held up too but man... now I know why you were hopin on that rifle particularly.

Sorry man. Gimme some search terms and I'll see if I can help locate something!

I don't even know what to search for honestly. This is only the 2nd one I've seen/heard of, the 1st was one a guy was showing off on AR15.com. I just happened upon this one while searching through GunBroker.com. Colt LE6920 is what I was searching for.

I dont know if this is marked the way youre wantin... @ 14 and a quarter!!!

Bud's Gun Shop
60386.jpg

Well, finally got our return today ... only it was $4,623 short. The awesome new system that the IRS is using flagged our return as fraudulent (like it has so many others from what I've read). We called them today and the very nice (I know, IRS ... nice!?!?) lady that we talked to got it all fixed for us, but now we have to wait another month to receive the rest of our return. Guess it gives me time to find another good deal.

Thanks for the heads up, but I'm trying to not pay MSRP or higher.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
Thanks for the heads up, but I'm trying to not pay MSRP or higher.

No problem man, I understand that!

Dang!!! That really sux about the return! Theyre gonna fix it and all... but still. Their fault, their glitch. I had heard said theyre taking their time so they can continue to collect interest... who knows man.

When reading about gun opinions on a lot of web sites people always state “That is a great gun….goes bang every time”…..isn’t that what it is supposed to do dummy? I pity the fool who actually says that to me in real life for the first time……it’s like when you get that guy who has been in wild fire for enough time to start becoming dangerous but not seasoned, one of the famous comments all us seasoned guys look for is “put the wet stuff on the red stuff” or an interviewee who’s friend told them that phrase…..Those are the guys to either scare or run out…..lol. Or it’s like the deadbeat parents on TV talk show…”I take care of my kids”….. Might just be me

Ha! Put the wet stuff on the red stuff. Im not sure if thats funny to you but it is to a non red stuff guy. ;)
I have to tell my fire buddy that one......

Its ok, just one of those over used phrases that have become one of those sayings that just gets on your nerves because it usually comes from someone who dazzles their friends with clever phrases to be kinda like “been there done that” type attitude when they really don’t know and would be craping down their leg if they ever got into the S#!+, if your buddy has been around he’ll probably shoot you a dirty look and ask where you heard it lol.

Back