• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Rant

There's a saying I heard in a movie...( ;) )
Just keep swimming.....just keep swimming.

I'm sure it fits well here......

Good for you Rossignol. I think for what you would have potentially gotten, moving on is probably the right thing to do.

As for forgiveness, if anyone wants to read a good book about forgiveness, "The Devil in Pew Number 7" helped me a lot.

Keep your chin up!
-Mike

Re: DHS buys 750 million rounds of ammo

I'm sorry you weren't able to comprehend my post carbinemike. It's not my fault you can't wrap your head around any scenario more complex than the fantasy of Barack Marshal Davis using all that .40 S&W and .357 Sig to energize a Glorious Tea Party Revolution or to put you in an imaginary FEMA Camp.

Oh there'll be some need of handgun ammo alright, but it won't be anything as romantic or patriotically revolutionary as you imagine. It'll mostly take the shape of providing security for rationing card centers for fuel and food.

The death of roughly three thousand Americans precipitated the Patriot Act. What kind of effect do you imagine the death of five to seven million people will have, after five or six nukes get popped overseas or just one or two get popped over here?

No Carbinemike, your looking at a whole new America. With laws, that make the most drastic provisions of the Patriot Act, look like Jaywalking Misdemeanors and that America is going to need plenty of handgun Ammunition.

MLR... This is a warning. I PM'd you privately and asked that you tone it down. You will stop being condescending to members here.

Say whatever you want, whatever you fancy, but you will not continue to post as you have in such a way as to be demeaning or belittle others.

Your fantastic ideology and world view isnt enough to get me worked up. I can either ignore it or if i choose, be able to read it without getting my fellings hurt. However weird or strange it all sounds, no matter your thoughts on religion, (I am a Christian in fact) or politics, no matter how you phrase or portray your feelings, I wont be offended.

I said it privately first, publically now. Youre done interacting with members this way.

"I care not what others think of what I do, but I care very much about what I think of what I do! That is character!

- Theodore Roosevelt

Let me be clear and let me make sure I understand.

You dont care what others think of what you do? Does that include what you say here on this forum in type?

I ask because I want to make sure you understand the expectations of the forum owner and its moderators with regard to your conduct here and how we expect for members to treat each other. Members will be treated respectfully and will give consideration to the tone of their posts. This forum is not like others in that we will not tolerate such a degree or type of behavior that leads to personal attacks or such as I described above.

I'll be waiting for your response, I want to be very clear of your feelings. A vague response or further quotes wont help your case at all, neither will silence or lack of response.

You got it. Time to move the ball a little further down the field.

Hey Ripjack, sometime soon I'll be offline until Saturday so good luck with your surgery on Friday!

Thanx Mike!! I'm gettin a lil nervous about it....my wife tells me it'll be fine, and I worry too much.... :roll:

oh man...
You must spread your reputation point to other users before giving to the same user. :cry:
I'll spread it...and be back for ya....you rock! :D

Can't blame you for that. We had a friend recently go through the same operation and as my sister said, "I think doctors can do it with their eyes shut". Let us know how you are when you are back on the computer!

Rightio...it's going to be a day thing. In n out same day...guna be painful the next day or two......then black n blue the next few days...

Yay....

Id say don't worry 'bout it brother, but I know it's not that easy.

It was just a few years ago when I was sit'n up all night not able to sleep 'cause I had reconstructive spinal surgery scheduled the next morning. My nerves were shot and I was a wreck. All I can say is that I woke up after surgery feeling like a new man. The pain was gone and the relief set in immediately. You'll be on the other side of this before you know it rip. We'll be thinkin about you and our prayers will be coming your way brother...

Ok...I'm goin in. Got my Iv in....just got shaved. :shock:

Should out later in the day. Then time for some rest......

I'm home guys. Real sore. Stiff. And hungry as a dragon. The op went well. No problems. The Doc said when I came outa anesthesia the nurse asked me if I wanted something to drink
Jim Beam n Coke please.

They all had a good laugh on that one. Heh heh heh. Apparently that was a first.

I hardly drink...but thats one of my favorite booze beverages....

As I was leaving one of nurses gave me a brown bag with a "Parting Gift"...
a nipper of Jim Beam. Lol. She said that's for being so polite and giving them a good chuckle...

:)

Back