• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The right weapon

I wish. I need to start saving up for one. Lord knows I have enough weapons and ammo to supply a small army. I need to start collecting cans. One for the 700 AAC and one for the M400 to start, then go from there.

Start with a lightweight 308 can so you can use it for almost everything to make your life more simple and your wallet fatter so you don't have to buy a can for almost every caliber you own.

I agree you can go overboard accessorizing a weapon. I haven't done that but there are a couple of things I think are helpful. I would like to put a laser on a handgun, if for nothing else not needing to aim when it is dark. Especially if I don't have my second set of "eyes" on. Put the dot on the target, pull the trigger. I know, I need to ID the target first before pulling the trigger. It would also help the GF if she ever needed to use it to defend herself. She is pretty good with a handgun...wouldn't want to be on the receiving end...

Only gun I have not shot is a side by side 12 ga. Just need to get it up to the range it see if it actually works. Have kept it around to make into a Mad Max special if things got real chitty. Now the skeet bug has me looking at it to use for other things. There may still be a hacksaw in its future, though.

I have a Remington .30-06 semi auto but it decided to quit ejecting shells last year just before hunting season. Need to get it to the gunsmith to see if it is repairable. Got it in a trade...gave a friend an open trailer since I had no need for it (do now, though) and he gave me the -06 unexpectedly. I gave him the trailer without any thought of getting anything in return. Didn't need it, was just gathering rust. He needed it so he got it...

Anyway, one thing I do not have is a bolt action...would like one for long distance shooting. But as with everything else it is just on a list right now...:sad:

This is why my first purchased gun was a shotgun. It fills the role of multiple job's and is very versatile in its current configuration. My second purchase? A slug barrel for that same shotgun to increase its range and effective hunting distances.

My next purchase will be a side arm for backup during hunting and if course other applicable situations, getting a cc permit where I live is near impossible though.

After that is kind of up in the air... I want a higher powered rifle, preferably in a caliber which can be loaded in multiple grains to suit multiple needs, like a 30-06 and a bolt action to improve reliability and consistancy in groupings. BUT, I want to pick up an 80% lower(in ca and want zero record of it) and build my own AR based platform... just don't know which caliber I'm going to build it for yet... so I'm unsure of which of those will go first...probably the bolt action and just a lower at the same time honestly.

Back