The Silver Eagle and the Black Bomber

Discussion in 'Work Safe' started by CaddmannQ, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Djcala

Djcala 20g Supporter

Looks good !!
  2. nitesite

nitesite Ammo Nerd Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

CMQ, I love reading your posts...
    ripjack13 likes this.
  3. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

I thank you gentlemen warmly, and if you have any advice about buying prepping and smoking a brisket I would be grateful to hear it.

I've dressed a little game in my time but I am no butcher, & mostly qualified to fillet fish. What I don't know about meat is enormous.
  4. nitesite

nitesite Ammo Nerd Forum Moderator "Philanthropist"

All you need to know about smoking a brisket in a WSM is at Amazingribs.com

All the important stuff can be perfect, and yet cut it up wrong and it is totally screwed. I'd study on that cuz it is important.

They are pretty forgiving cuts of meat. Only minimal trimming might be required.

Franklin BBQ (the most popular brisket joint in America) has lots of free info on his site, he is happy to share. But AmazingRibs is more detailed.

Franklin uses oak for his smoked brisket.
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  5. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Red Oak is the other thing that's popular here for smoking aside from Mesquite. I've actually used red oak for smoking myself but I didn't buy it in the bag. It was leftovers from a piece of furniture I cut up.
  6. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

It was our 28th anniversary yesterday and I fired up the smoker and did these big steaks.
    20171012_091033_resized.jpg
    No I don't have two wives. I cooked three steaks because there were three in the package. ;)

I used three different seasonings on the steaks and we'll see how I like them. The first was Dave's Texas Pit and I thought that was pretty fine with sort of a Texas Chili beginning and a Memphis finish.

Mmmmmmm.....:D
    TJ Johnson and Elbert Garrett like this.