• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

930 SPX Serial Number Issue?

Hello, I'm asking any other 930 owners where their serial number is located. I'm very curious to see if others have a gun similar to mine. Thank you!

Attachments

• Mossberg.jpg
    Mossberg.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 564
Re: 930 SPX Serial Number Issue?

Is there significance to where the number is stamped?

That's what I was wondering. All the stamped serials I have seen are between the trigger housing pins.

I'll have to look at mine. I want to say it's in the same place but I do not recall and all the pics I have are of the other side of the receiver.

Thanks MikeD much appreciated! I did call and the customer service person said they would have to see it, I am still waiting for a reply.

If they are machine stampeded you would think all the numbers would appear in the same place on all guns.

I just looked through 12 pages of pics here on the 930 thread and all the ones that showed the left side had the ser# in between the pins.

Thanks old mossy! I'm like the dog who caught the car. Now what? I hope I didn't get a 4:58PM Friday gun! haha! Any thoughts on what could have happened? I haven't shot the gun yet, only cleaned it in preparation to shoot it.

promiseofwar said:
Thanks old mossy! I'm like the dog who caught the car. Now what? I hope I didn't get a 4:58PM Friday gun! haha! Any thoughts on what could have happened? I haven't shot the gun yet, only cleaned it in preparation to shoot it.

Maybe it's like a rare stamp or coin!!!! kidding. :) Maybe they retooled,,,,a new jig???

Honestly I wouldn't worry about it.

I gave up on finding out why the serial is jacked up. Emailed Dick's Sporting Goods where I purchased the gun and I didn't get a response. Emailed Mossberg Service again and nothing. So I'm just going to shoot the shift out of it in the next few weeks!

There ya go. Go out and have some fun with it. Looking forward to the range report.

Dropped it off to get Barrett Brown Cerakote on the barrel, receiver, and mag tube extension this afternoon, then bang bang!

I had mine out over the weekend. The serial number is stamped between the two pins.

MikeD said:
I had mine out over the weekend. The serial number is stamped between the two pins.

That is the only way I have seen them. Thanks for checking. Mossberg assured me it is functionally fine. Here is a pic of it after I got it back today from Harsh Firearms.

Attachments

• Moss930SPX2.jpg
    Moss930SPX2.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 362

Looks good. They did a nice job. :)

Back