1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

The troubled history but bright future of the 930 SPX

Discussion in 'Mossberg 930 Autoloader' started by m24shooter, Oct 8, 2010.

1. les_garten

les_garten .22LR

Exactly why I was looking at the 930. Once you've owned a bad 1911, you really pay attention to this kinda stuff!
  2. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Been there too.

Never been more pissed off in my life...
  3. Pawpaw

Pawpaw .30-06 Supporter

And as for the buyer having to pay shipping, just tell them that is not acceptable on a brand new shotgun and ask to speak to a supervisor.

I did it and, suddenly, he found a way to send me a shipping label. ;)
    LAZY EYED SNIPER likes this.
  4. Sirex

Sirex .22LR

I am saving for a 22" JM Pro 930. Hopefully when I get it, it runs well. I am kinda nervous now reading all this. I was going to buy a Vepr 12 to go with my Vepr rifles, but decided on the 930 so I wouldn't have to buy mags and wanted an American shotgun. We'll see if Iade the right choice.
  5. RAMBO

RAMBO .410

Fellows, I have been completely through this thread and I will only share my experience. When I first became interested in a 12 gauge automatic, I looked at the Mossberg 930 spx, the Benillie and Remington. In discussing these things with my gun shop, they informed me that there would be a Blackwater version of the 930 spx coming out. I was somewhat familiar with Erik Prince, Founder and CEO of Blackwater, Inc. in Eastern Virginia and a former navy seal. He set this company up to train military and police personnel. The dealer said they had been given the opportunity to test the 930 spx for Mossberg, but didn't know when that version would be available. I was impressed with Erik Prince and the name Blackwater, so I placed an order at 3 different gun shops with the understanding that whoever got the first one in it was sold. I waited over 4 months before one became available. Just the logo Blackwater with the logo bearpaw was worth waiting on. My gun was packaged 6/18/2012 and I picked it up 7/4/2012. Is the 930 spx Blackwater any better than the 930 spx? I don't know. I can't find the post now, but Lazyeyed Sniper commented to me the difference and all I remember was something about the sites. One thing I know for sure is that my gun won't cycle low brass ammo. All else is good so far.

Thanks, Rambo
  6. NorCal707

NorCal707 .22LR

I bought my JM Pro 24" in December of 2014 and have since put a little over 1000 rounds thru it with only a couple of malfunctions. Did not break it in with the recommended 100 rounds of Hi-Brass - just totally stripped it down and thoroughly cleaned/lubed as per Jerry Miculek's maintenance video on YouTube. I shoot clays mostly with cheap Low-Brass Herters Field Loads from Cabelas and have no issues.
  7. MikeT

MikeT .270 WIN

Mine is for sale.... Just sayin'.
  8. NorCal707

NorCal707 .22LR

Then why don't you post a ad in the Marketplace Classified Section? This is the second time you've spammed the fact that you're trying to sell your gun outside of the proper forum.
  9. RAMBO

RAMBO .410

Very good post, thank you.
    PTAGP100 likes this.