• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The Walking Dead... (SPOILERS INSIDE!)

I know man, that sucks!

They left it on a cliff hanger and I seriously doubt they'll kill him off. Too bad we have to wait 'til February to find out...

Nah...they wont. If you watch the preview they show him running and aiming his bow. Not from a scene past either....so that's good.

Man...we gotta wait till Feb now.... :(

I hate midseason finale. Shoulda killed the gov. Andrea is stupid and Daryl and Merle will get out and the gov will go after the prison.

Yeah, they do it like that so we don't have to wait as long between seasons.

How 'bout Rick's little break with reality that got Oscar killed? He's still not 100%. Dumbest thing the Gov. did was turn on Merle. As far as the plot goes, it's an easy way to get him back into Rick's group. Gonna be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Oh, and I just saw that AMC will be running Seasons 1,2, and 3 in a marathon between New Year's Eve and New Year's Day...

Here's the "water cooler" talk at work. Some is speculation based on the graphic novel and we know there are characters in the show that don't appear in the novel, but... let's speculate away!

The belief is the gov will be killed by Andrea. Merle will die helping Daryl. Rick will die, new guy Tyrone will emerge as a leader

Any other ideas?

No doubt! Some major differences there!

I can handle the graphic part of the series, the violence that goes along with the subject matter... I am however glad certain brutal acts have not been depicted. Some things I just can't take...

^ Yeah the AMC censors have been let'n a lot of things roll with the series, but there's no way that particular plot point would make it on screen. It was interesting to see the way they got around it...

Zombie Apocalypse

Is this the right place to discuss the T.V. series the Walking Dead?

This is one of the very few shows I will watch. :D

Rossignol said:
Here's the "water cooler" talk at work. Some is speculation based on the graphic novel and we know there are characters in the show that don't appear in the novel, but... let's speculate away!

The belief is the gov will be killed by Andrea. Merle will die helping Daryl. Rick will die, new guy Tyrone will emerge as a leader

Any other ideas?

I think the show has proven anybody is fair game as far as being killed off on the show. Which I think is a good thing. However, for some reason I think this show is loosely based around Rick and his life. I would be very surprised if they killed off Rick.

From what I have read in other places, the show and the book series do not run the same path. I wish I would have known about the books. I think I would have enjoyed them.

BTW, I have enjoyed Zombie movies since I was a kid and I am 44 years old now. :)

smokin762 said:
for some reason I think this show is loosely based around Rick and his life. I would be very surprised if they killed off Rick.
^^It is, and he will not**

smokin762 said:
From what I have read in other places, the show and the book series do not run the same path. I wish I would have known about the books. I think I would have enjoyed them.
^^They do not follow each other too much, but they do in a way...
** however since that is the way it is, Rick just might get the axe. I would be very surprised, and very pissed off as well. If that did happen, I would bet that a lot of their audience will be lost.

smokin762 said:
BTW, I have enjoyed Zombie movies since I was a kid and I am 44 years old now. :)

As well as I. I'm only a year older, so I'm sure we've seen the same stuff....

Yeah, in the graphic novels Rick was the one with one arm thanks to the Gov. and the Dixon brothers didn't even exist. Laurie and the baby both died when she was shot in the back holding the baby. Rick did get killed off and Tyrese took over leading the group. Some people that are already dead in the show lasted till the end of the books. There are a lot of differences, but I think this keeps everyone interested in the show. Even those that are familiar with the story line in the graphic novels are kept guessing...

I would think the writers keeping the people whom already read the novels guessing would be a good move on their part. This way they gain a larger audience.

Whenever I read a book, it is very rare for the movie to be as good.

Mossberg 500 featured in The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct video game :)

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Back