1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

The wood shop.

Discussion in 'Work Safe' started by ripjack13, Mar 24, 2015.

1. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Well yea....you sent em to me....
    :laugh:
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  2. ripjack13

ripjack13 Resident Sawdust Maker Staff Member Administrator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Then I made a center ring to hold the forward bullet part to the shell. No pics. Too dirty.
    Then I cleaned up the shell and hammered the opening round...

0826191638_HDR.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
    CaddmannQ likes this.
  3. ripjack13

4. ripjack13

5. ripjack13

6. ripjack13

7. ripjack13

gotta sand out those fine scratches....
    0826192050_HDR.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
    meanstreak, Scoop and CaddmannQ like this.
  8. ripjack13

To be continued later....
    meanstreak likes this.
  9. ripjack13

All finished!!

0828191428_HDR.jpg
    CaddmannQ and Scoop like this.
  10. ripjack13

11. Scoop

Scoop .30-06

What can I say?

IMG_20190903_161547.jpg
  12. ripjack13

Awesome!!!
    You sir, are very welcome!
  13. ripjack13

Well, I finally did something in my shop for the first time since December!
    My neighbor wanted a basic square cologne sampler rack.
    Of course I couldnt make a "basic" one.
    So I went through my stash of wood. I found a cool looking rough log cut off. Sanded the bottom and backside flat, then just touched up the sides to make them look even.
    Measured out equal distance 1/2" hole spacing, and drilled em with a forstner bit.
    Here tis thy result...

downloadfile-2.jpeg

downloadfile-1.jpeg

downloadfile-3.jpeg

downloadfile-4.jpeg

downloadfile-5.jpeg

downloadfile-6.jpeg
    CaddmannQ and John A. like this.
  14. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

That’s pretty nice RipJack.

Did you use a drill press? I don’t think I could’ve got those holes all in a straight line without some kind of a jig and a drill brushing.

Well I finally got my woodwork finished for the day. I put up this panel and made a crown molding and trim boards.

I didn’t have enough light for a really good photograph, and all the knickknacks aren’t up yet.

92BC2B03-D680-4FB4-B8F9-88A9D3095E02.jpeg I didn’t have access to any really exotic woods and this is just ordinary Birch ply and whitewood moldings from Lowe’s.

I stained the crown & trim boards four different ways And rubbed it out between each coat. I rubbed them out last with polyurethane but my wife wanted them glossy so I shot them with some spray can poly.

it’s been in the hundreds every day this week and I’ve been out there in the mornings working under a tarp so as not to burn out. I am able to air condition the garage and do this indoors but I don’t want all the sawdust in my cars and parts.
    ripjack13 likes this.
  15. ripjack13

I did use my drill press. And an XY vise...
    John A. likes this.
  16. ripjack13

17. ripjack13

I like that idea. If I had a fireplace I may have tried that too....
  18. ripjack13

Damn....100° is too hot....
  19. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

It’s hot but it has not been muggy and it really cools off at night. Yesterday, 107 at 4pm then 72 by 2am.

Plus, I have a serious air conditioner.

Back when I was 20 years old I was working out on the asphalt in that kind of heat.

It toughens you up pretty fast.

Then I work in the office for 45 years which has exactly the opposite effect. :)
    ripjack13 likes this.
  20. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Wow that's a really fuzzy photo!
    My apologies. I will have to take a better one.
    It looked OK on the phone, but on the big monitor it sucks rocks.
    ripjack13 likes this.