• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The wood shop.

The headstock pillows are elevated from the frame With the sheet metal lid from a ammonia filter, which sits atop the lower crank case from dad‘s old garden tractor.
image.jpg
The jack shaft is suspended from an old trolling motor mount which has been modified, and the pillow blocks have been inverted and modified so you can oil them. That jack shaft, the two pillow blocks and some of the pulleys came from our 1960s swamp cooler in Arizona. They had also served on a rock tumbler that we built in the 70s.

Wife has removed the old backsplash from the kitchen a while back. Said she didn't like it anymore. Been wanting something to replace it for about 6 months or more.

Today, she hands me the honey-do list.

Fixing the wall of the kitchen is my lifes' only priority until it's done now.

Yes Ma'am.

I cut, sanded and hung it. She wanted to know what she could do to help.

OK, sure. Less I have to do. Here's a pair of gloves and some cans of stain. Make it any color(s) you think you would like for it to look in the kitchen.

A quick way to go through $100 worth of 1x4 spruce shelving, but at least that's out of the way now.

Befores and afters

J25W0Mh.jpg
P6dA4lv.jpg

NFga6xB.jpg
F6gJX8j.jpg

tPAdxou.jpg
XOhneNR.jpg

It looks good enough to skate on. ;-)

I did my first real roller skating on a wooden floor rink that looked a lot like that.

Thanks for the compliments.

I wasn't sure what I would think of using different color stains and I admit I was skeptical about it, but after seeing it, it has started to grow on me.

So, I did the other wall today in the shorter scrap that was left over from yesterday. This one didn't take long at all. It took longer to cut out the holes for the two outlets than it did everything else altogether.

J63CdPs.jpg

Oh wow. Nice job John. I did the same on my living room wall....and the wife wants to do the kitchen back splash as well.

Back