• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The wood shop.

Just spent some time really looking at all the pics in this thread.
Rip my friend you are VERY talented!
Glad that you are feeling better and the whole smoking thing, Good Luck!
I had to quit in October.

Marblewood bowl roughed out. I have to let it dry 6 months per 1/2" thickness. It has a reading of 18% moisture so it shouldn't take more than a few months to dry. I rough em out to 3/4"- 1" thick on the sides and put em in a paper bag with the turning shavings to cover it up inside the bag, that helps it from drying out too quickly. Or else it will crack...

NCM_1736.JPG
NCM_1737.JPG
NCM_1738.JPG

NCM_1119.JPG

My wood stash so far....I have a couple other shelves I need to put together. Then I can add to the stash. Right now most of that stuff is still green wood (wet) so it needs to dry out. I have stuff called anchor seal that you paint on the endgrain of the wood to keep it from drying fast and cracking. Its like liquid wax...

Thanks fellas. I'm still honing the skills. I need to pay closer attention to the "details" of em.
One way is to finish it, then look at it under a magnifying glass. I see the mistakes , then take it apart, and redo it. I noticed a flaw in one pen that needs fixin, so it has be redone Monday...it's very small, but I can't let it pass....

It wasn't bad, but it was a real pain in the butt to put together...

Rip I got your package! I can't wait to take some pictures to show them off!!! You truly have a talent for this wood working.

Back