• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The wood shop.

I really like the process pics and I know you know what kind of wood yields what kind of grain but to me looking at the blanks I see nothing of the finished product but you bring that out of the wood and this is among the things of wood working that has always fascinated me. Really cool stuff Mr. RipJack!

Hey Ripjack, I didn't read through this whole thread yet, but you have some very nice projects.

I read in one where you use super glue, and I wondered about this, as I've used it for years on skateboards and tires. Also to fix my fingers after working with sharp objects.:rolleyes:

Anyhow it really fills in the grain and toughen the wood surface a lot.

Have you had any woods where this glue had a bad reaction? Mostly I just have birch and maple to deal with.

Hey Ripjack, I didn't read through this whole thread yet, but you have some very nice projects.

I read in one where you use super glue, and I wondered about this, as I've used it for years on skateboards and tires. Also to fix my fingers after working with sharp objects.:rolleyes:

Anyhow it really fills in the grain and toughen the wood surface a lot.

Have you had any woods where this glue had a bad reaction? Mostly I just have birch and maple to deal with.

Oh my gosh...How did I not see this? sorry dude...

The only problems I've had with CA were with oily wood, Cocobolo, have to wipe it down with alcohol to dry it, then apply the CA....
speaking of Cocobolo....

12644697_10208460261287506_8166582921032930120_n.jpg

Look at this crazy thing!!!!

I just got these the other day at an auction on the woodbarter site....

Left to right is straight grained cocobolo, Crazy looking cocobolo, curly pecan, and Amazon rosewood.
943907_10208460261887521_3011772318630491075_n.jpg

Wow nice stuff!

You must be paying $50/BF for this stuff

Well...pretty close. The good part is the who sent it, stuck in some extra "packing peanuts" to fill the voids. Real good looking stuff too...I think I made out like a bandit on that deal....

I built this hollow core door in the ceiling from scratch, to replace the chunk of crumbling drywall which was the attic access panel.
When you lie on the floor in my back hall and look up, it's kinda like being Alice in Wonderland.

Hmmm...that was the wrong photo. I'll have to dig up the right one.

Last edited:
Wow it's like really rustic, yet shiny too.

I'm still dinkin around with my new skateboard.

When I am developing the artwork, I often do a negative image to see how it's going to look once tape is pulled.

I threw a sepia tone on this one just to see how it would look...
2016-03-29 21.46.16.jpg

I have to figure out which trucks I'm going to run.
20160328_020520.jpg

Those are all Billet aluminum. CNC milled. The one in the middle has a titanium King Bolt.

The two without wheels are hybrid concoctions having different base plates than they were originally manufactured with.

In this case I was trying to make the front truck steer much more but the back truck steer very little.

Back