• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

This is a long shot.

Mtn Jack

Copper BB
Guys and girls I have picked up a Mossberg model b, from what I have read it was made for the Taylor fur co. It has a custom stock made from a 2by 6 very nice figured pine ha ha. What's the chance of finding the correct stock??? I wood love to re make it stock again. Is it true that it was Mossberg first model bolt action? Any more information on this gun would be great. Thank you Mtn Jack

Guys and girls I have picked up a Mossberg model b, from what I have read it was made for the Taylor fur co. It has a custom stock made from a 2by 6 very nice figured pine ha ha. What's the chance of finding the correct stock??? I wood love to re make it stock again. Is it true that it was Mossberg first model bolt action? Any more information on this gun would be great. Thank you Mtn Jack

Welcome to the forum from NY.
Congrats on your Model B Mossberg. From what I've read they were made from 1928-1932 and came with a walnut finish birch stock.
Like Gunny said give Havlin a call they are the pros when it comes to older Mossbergs. (636) 937-6401
You get a chance post a pic or two.:)

Welcome to the forum from NY.
Congrats on your Model B Mossberg. From what I've read they were made from 1928-1932 and came with a walnut finish birch stock.
Like Gunny said give Havlin a call they are the pros when it comes to older Mossbergs. (636) 937-6401
You get a chance post a pic or two.:)

I stand corrected - maybe ;) . There's at least one pic of this model and it sure looked like walnut tho. http://www.gunsinternational.com/MO...FLE-ALL-ORIGINAL-AND-95-.cfm?gun_id=100406460

Guys thank you for the replys, but it is a model b not a 26 b this is there very first bolt gun. There are pictures on the forum somewhere, it looks like walnut and has a butt that reminds me of the old style target guns with a deep curve to the butt. If I could just find one I could have it duplicated. Thanks again the search goes. Mtn Jack

That's it old mossey I will send you my address for shipping,ha ha. Havlins e mailed me and they have nothing, so the search goes on. Thanks again Mtn Jack

Back