• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Time for a Limbsaver

Tom396

.30-06
10200 Limbsaver is a fit for Maverick 88

Not exactly earthshaking news, but I thought I'd let Maverick owners know that a Model 10200 Limbsaver recoil pad is a fit for synthetic stock 88s. Limbsaver literature only mentions that it fits the 500. Take care. Tom Worthington.

Re: 10200 Limbsaver is a fit for Maverick 88

I'm guessing the 10201 also fits the Mav 88?
I've seen more 10201's than the 10200

I guess 10201 is a newer version perhaps?

ljreyes said:
Great!!! How is it feel?

Feels like a Limbsaver, which is to say, it feels pretty darned good. :) Take care. Tom Worthington.

I have a 88 and a 590A1 and I bought the LimbSaver 10201 for both. I later put on a Houge 12" LOP buttstock on my 88 instead. The stock recoil pad is on the 88 is just a piece of hard black rubber which doesn't reduce the recoil of full power 9 pellet 00 buckshot that much IMHO.

But here is picture of my LimbSaver on my 590A1:

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361049165.013902.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361049165.013902.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 510
My wife and I went to the range yesterday for some shotgun and pistol practice. I bought some Fiocchi low recoil 00 buck. Recoil was noticeably less and the patterns were nicely grouped. However, even with the reduced recoil ammo and stock, my wife still ended up with a bruised shoulder. She wants to able to handle the shotgun (she's pretty damn good with a pistol!) but the kick is discouraging her. I'd like to try a Limbsaver. Does it really make a significant difference? Has anyone fitted one to any of the aftermarket AR15 style socks? I have the Phoenix KickLite.

I really enjoy my limbsaver on my 590 it has the colllapsable stock. Huge difference from stock pad that was provided. There is pictures of it on here just look up un my posts.

http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3495&start=75

Look on page 4 I was wrong it's not a limbsaver it is from ati. And I love it. The pistol grip makes a big difference as well. Your wife already sounds like a pro but make sure her stance is correct and she is pulling the fore grip forward and pulling the rear grip back. Sometimes it just minor adjustments to the way we hold the gun that makes all the difference. Cheers and good luck!

bsipes30 said:
http://www.mossbergowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=3495&start=75

Look on page 4 I was wrong it's not a limbsaver it is from ati. And I love it. The pistol grip makes a big difference as well. Your wife already sounds like a pro but make sure her stance is correct and she is pulling the fore grip forward and pulling the rear grip back. Sometimes it just minor adjustments to the way we hold the gun that makes all the difference. Cheers and good luck!

We've been working on her stance. She's pulling the gun in tight into her shoulder pocket, leaning into it, etc. She's controls it quite well and hits the target consistently. She just ends with bruises. I think I'll give the AR15 snap-on Limbsaver a try. Hopefully it'll fit the stock.

Haven't tried that style, but my Limbsavers are plush!

When they advertise a 70% reduction in recoil I think they're being modest...

I took my then new 12 ga 88 to the range. Within 30 shots of mixed ammo I had blood raised to the skin surface and long lasting bruising. I bought a Limbsaver the next day and it was like night and day. I'll get one for my 20 ga once I determine what stock length feels best. YMMV. tom. :cool:

deputy tom said:
I took my then new 12 ga 88 to the range. Within 30 shots of mixed ammo I had blood raised to the skin surface and long lasting bruising. I bought a Limbsaver the next day and it was like night and day. I'll get one for my 20 ga once I determine what stock length feels best. YMMV. tom. :cool:

I just put one on order. I just hope it fits my stock.

Definatly thinking about the limbsaver

30 rounds of pheasant loads last night on the firing my maverick and was surprised on the ummph it had with my aftermarket stock. I can only imagine how bad it would have been with the factory stock on.

Nonetheless slight redness a badge of shotgun honor

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363881335.974676.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363881335.974676.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 401
Limbsaver model: 10019 is the snap on style I got for my ATI stock. Fits over the butt stock like a glove. And greatly reduces the felt recoil on 00 Buck. I HIGHLY recommend it to anyone with an adjustable stock.

Semper Fi my Brothers & Sisters in Arms.

Back