1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Time for an Upgrade!

Discussion in 'Vang Comp Systems' started by MWright936, Mar 28, 2013.

1. MWright936

MWright936 .410

I got some money together and will fulfill my wish list for my Mossberg 590A1 very shortly. I just got off the phone with Vang Comp and will send my barrel to them tomorrow for the VCS with ports! Also on the list of upgrades is a Magpul AFG2, 3 Gun Gear 5-Shell Side Saddle, UTG Flashlight Ring, and a Limbsaver 10019 Butt Pad.

The only thing I've done to it at this point is added a Mako foregrip with integrated flashlight holder. After having it on there a while, I decided I didn't like it that much. I'll use the new flashlight ring to relocate my light to one of my side rails on my forend. Here's a photo of it as it is now. Once I get my barrel back from Vang Comp and all of my new accessories, I will post updates...I'm excited, can you tell?

[​IMG]
  2. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

Great looking shooter!
    I like the stamp on the side of the receiver! Makes it all military like and what not :p
  3. MWright936

MWright936 .410

Thanks!

I put my barrel in the mail today. Now we wait....
  4. MWright936

MWright936 .410

Oh, and by the way....Vang Comp is still running their sale. I am getting the VCS with ports for $195, normally $255!!!
  5. MWright936

MWright936 .410

Here she is:

[​IMG]

I still haven't had time to shoot it, which is driving me nuts, but she sure is nice to look at! I added a Limbsaver Recoil Pad, 3 Gun Gear Side Saddle, Magpul AFG2, UTG Flashlight Ring, and, of course, got the VCS with porting from Vang Comp.

The flashlight sticks out a bit on the side, but it's pretty functional, so I'll keep it like that for now. I may explore other options down the road. I also need some better pics, but this is all I have for now, and I wanted to show it off!
  6. mingaa

mingaa Raconteur

Looks like a winner - range report?!?
  7. MWright936

MWright936 .410

Haven't been yet...unfortunately. I'll definitely update when I finally get to go shoot!
  8. MWright936

MWright936 .410

Well, after over a month, I FINALLY was able to go shoot. Took it to a buddy's place out in the country yesterday. Didn't have a target, but did the best we could to test it out. Shot a section of 6x6 from about 10 yards with 00 buckshot, and it hit in about a 4" circle. Recoil also was noticeably reduced I'm sure both from the barrel work and the Limbsaver pad. I'm very satisfied! Burglars beware...this bad boy will punch a hole in you!
  9. Flash68

Flash68 Copper BB

Nice mods.

What you did not like about the Mako foregrip with integrated flashlight holder? I am considering that as an option for my 500.

Thanks
  10. MWright936

MWright936 .410

Sorry, haven't been on here in a while...

It's just a personal preference, but it just felt a little awkward to me. I feel like I have more control with the new Magpul AFG2. Aside from that, it is very functional, and it could work great for someone else. I'm kind of a small framed guy, which may be one reason it felt more awkward when there's 8 rounds of 00 buckshot in the tube. It's definitely well made and works well. The only functional issue I had was after a while, the flashlight would move forward, and I would have to loosen, re-adjust, and re-tighten...no biggie though.