• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Tisas Zig M 1911 A2 GI

12gafun

.270 WIN
PROS: I got this firearm from Budsgunshop.com and shot like countless number of rounds through it, mainly 230 gr round ball, aluminum and brass case and some steel just to see if it would run it.
I have shot it with the real heavy 23 lb spring that comes with it and then with a Wilson Combat 17# flat wire spring and a 18# extra power spring by Wolf springs. All shot well with this firearm.
I have used the Mec-Gar mags and Act-Mec mags along with Wilson Combat 47D mags and even tried my friends Ruger 7 and 8 round Ruger mags with no issues. This firearm has great fit and finish for the price and the slide to frame fit is outstanding for what you pay. Even after over 1,000 rounds all I had to send it in for was front sights came out and the safety plunger mount came off the frame. I got the extra lifetime warranty through buds and sent it in fixed me up and back to me quickly all in about 2 weeks.

CONS: The standard GI sights and grip safety, at first when you shoot it kinda give you a bit of rubbing on the grip safety where it meets your hand, Wood grips look nice but on mine not any grip stippling. I also didn't like the Main spring housing being a arched style but I switched that out to a flat style with some work on the Colt flat main spring housing I got and works great.
I also thought that the 23 lb spring was a bit much, the safety is also kinda spongy and the trigger could use some polishing, which I did, and smoothed it out a bit. The trigger is a bit strong pull with not much staging but does to have a quick reset. The only firing issues I have really had with it are and where magazine related, besides that no cons in the firing department.
Then of course getting used to shooting with standard GI style front and rear sights, I really couldn't see when I first shot it how are GI used those sights in combat. The only ammo that I found that it didn't like to much was Winchester White box 230 gr RB FMJ.

I all for what I paid for it $434.00 shipped +$25.00 to my FFL dealer for the paper work that is including the extra for the lifetime warranty, I would give this 5 stars, great shooter. I bought it cause of Hickok45's shooting review of it and his insight on a good budget 1911 that would make a good truck gun.

The ammo shot
1. Perfecta 230 gr *
2. Winchester
3. Tulammo *
4. Wolf *
6. Federal Champion *
7. Federal Champion aluminum case *
8. Magtech *
9. Freedom Munitions Reman ammo *
10. Blazer Brass & Blazer aluminum case *
With * shot flawlessly/without had some FTF,FTE,few stoves pipes out of 10

ATTACH=full]9097[/ATTACH]20150819_152346.jpg 20150819_152059.jpg 20150819_152200.jpg 20150819_152310.jpg

Attachments

• 20150819_152404.jpg
    20150819_152404.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 3
I absolutely loved my GI Tisas 1911... it was simple, straightforward and packed one helluva punch. It concealed the best out of any pistol I have carried without a doubt. I sold it... highly regret it. Made a good friend through the transaction however, FWIW. lol

Yeah I have been thinking about selling mine also but not sure, I want to but then I don't. It is a great shooting firearm and I know I would miss it but the money would be going towards another firearm though. Decisions, decisions!!

That is a great review. Thanks for sharing with us.

I see what you mean about the grips. They need some checkering or stipling in the very least.

I also assume the mec-gar mags have performed well. I own several for different makes/models and I have never had an issue from any of mine.

Yes most of the mag malfunctions are from those Act-Mac mags I have. The Mec-Gar mags work great.

@12gafun personally if I could do it again, I wouldn't. Keep it... unless you're upgrading to something you will honestly use more and enjoy more.

What's the decisions or options?

Well I was looking at getting a revolver and the money I got out of the Tisas would go for that. Been wanting a Revolver .357 mag for deer hunting, got my eye on a Taurus M66 6" barrel 6 shot, maybe it's 7 not sure. This would give me 2 options for deer hunting this year. So far though having trouble selling the Tisas cause no one wants it cause it's not a Colt or other name brand 1911.

Be careful with the Taurus if you get it.

I've had three of their revolvers and two of them had cylinder timing issues. They went back for warranty repair and were eventually fixed, but I didn't keep them. It's a common issue for them. If left unchecked it could cause serious injury to the shooter...

Thanks for the info, they must have really went down in quality since my father had his in the 80's and 90's. They where tanks back then. I really want a S&W model 686 but kinda pricey for a revolver

^But to go on record, an acquintaince of mine is wanting to trade me a nearly new 24/7 G2 for my crossbow. Still in box, 2 mags, loader, owners manual, and extra backstrap and parts.

I want a crossbow, wow that was a lot of recalls, I didn't see any of there revolvers on that recall list. I showed my dad this and he was like "What happened to Taurus, when I owned there PT 92AF and that model 66 357 mag those where really good guns." I agreed with him I shot them and they where of outstanding quality back then. Did they get bought out or something. I also didn't see the PT 82 models on there either.

I surprisingly had 0 issue selling mine.. I think within a day I had a guy driving 3 hours to purchase it lol now we're really good friends and shoot the shit regularly. If you're looking for a revolver, maybe post it up for trade and be very particular and picky... I want a S&W TRR8 but they run like $900 haha

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/mobile/product/411555034/redirect

If you would use the revolver more, get more satisfaction out of it and possibly feed your face with it, I think you'd be able to move on without the 1911... I just sold mine cause I have a serious "buy sell trade" problem haha I highly regret it

Yeah, in my area selling that Tisas is about impossible every one around here want a Colt and that Tisas has out shot Colts at my range before. If you don't mind me asking, what did you get out of yours.

Yeah, in my area selling that Tisas is about impossible every one around here want a Colt and that Tisas has out shot Colts at my range before. If you don't mind me asking, what did you get out of yours.
I had a $100 custom holster that went with it but I paid $425 for the gun, shot it hundreds of rounds and with the holster, well worn, $400 cash and buyer paid transfer.

Everyone is in a "brandwhore" ideology right now. If they can't brag about it, they don't want it. It's regardless of function, performance and absolutely retarded.

Easy there buddy.

If that logic was universal, everybody'd be riding mopeds and marrying ugly women for their utility... ;)
How many times can you remake the Birdcage flash hider or retexture an A2 grip? The quad rail? The Keymod? The market is flooded with inflated brand name driven prices... I have used a UTG "Pro" ultra slim rail on an AR that personally I believed to be better than the similarly designed Troy Alpha. Especially price wise. It's stupid man... example: magpul has the market for the most part and gets away with robbery. Have you been to Snipers Hide lately?? Good Lord.. if it isn't a Nightforce or US Optics your chased out with pitchforks haha

Not arguing with your point on name brand elitism at all. Just saying that it's not always the name you pay for. In many cases the strength of the company's reputation, the product itself, or the warranty are worth a few extra bucks. Either way the strength and durability of the product itself will determine whether or not you made the right choice, but I've been burned more times buying cheap and end up spending more for the brand name in the end anyway.

Not sure I agree with your assessment on Magpul though. For the most part their accessories are priced on par with or below the market average for similar products from their competition. Aside from maybe Lancer Systems, where can you find a similarly priced polymer AR-15 mag with anywhere near the history of reliability? Just curious how are they getting away with robbery?

Just curious how are they getting away with robbery?
Perhaps not so much on their Magazines and the lower end stocks but their BUIS, $40 a piece, come on... accessories like rails and light mounts or the "high end" stocks.. I feel like you're paying more for the name. $12 for a 7 slot plastic rail is stupid. Or $270 for the UBR or whatever they call it.. Blugh. I'll fork over the cash for an ACE Hammer instead haha

I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I'm used to paying around $350 for a set of BUIS, so the MBUS is a good deal to me for a budget project gun. Have a UBR and a PRS mounted on a couple of mine and they've served my uses well. Keep in mind that those two are complete rear assemblies that come with their own tubes and mounting hardware. Only thing you need to add is a buffer and spring. Could I get the job done with something cheaper? Yup, absolutely.

All said, I think your point is valid. Most all parts and accessories are overpriced at retail. Welcome to free market capitalism. Fact is though that if folks keep buying them as fast as manufacturers can make them, they'll keep raising the prices. We have a saying at work that we owe it to our customer to charge them as much as they're willing to pay for our goods. When your item is hot you can charge what you want and even set a higher market value for your competitors' products as well. Everybody wins.......except the people that keep shelling out more money for it over and over and over and over. The cycle won't stop until enough people refuse to pay, but that won't likely happen. We're consumers, it's what we do...

Back