• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

To those who have gone before us.

Rossignol

The Original Sheriff
Global Moderator
Sponsor
We all have friends and family who have gone on ahead of us. I've been reading posts here and there, and wanted to make a place where we can share stories and memories and look back fondly on those we love and care about, and sometimes deeply miss.

Since I was laid off a couple years back, a couple of the older guys who were very helpful to me over the years and from the time I got started in construction have died. To learn well after the fact was troubling to me. With each, I had asked about them and how they were doing, if anyone had heard from them since being laid off work, and I was told, "Brad, Mr Woods died last summer," or "Old Bill Davis died last week."

Mr Woods was an old black man from Arkansas. He didnt like being called African American as he was born and raised in Arkansas, (duh) :lol: The "Most Interesting Man in the World" has nothing on Mr. Woods. He called guys like me whitee (and by the way, never trust "Whitee") and said he calls us what we is and expected us to call him what he is, an old black man from Arkansas. He and I had worked closely together for a very long time, and had saved each other from some very close calls. I had once pulled him out from under a bunch of stuff that had collapsed. He came out not much worse for wear and was still just as ugly as before, cept for a few scrapes and bruises. He once killed a man and wouldnt have served time as it was self defense cuz there were 2 of them and they were most definitely lookin to kill him, but he emptied the magazine in one of them and the jury found that a little excessive. There was a time he was working out of town for an extended time and returned home to find some white folks livin in his house. He was all set to shoot them, annd they were all set to shoot him till they were hollerin "WAIT WAIT! Are you George? Evelyn left a message for you!" She had moved while he was out of town and didnt tell him about it, so she sold the house and left the new addy with the white folks. So Mr. Woods was set to leave and saw his little pit bull in the back yard and asked if he could get his dog. The white folks said "No." Evelyn sold the dog with the house!!! :lol: Anyway, Mr Woods and Evelyn were married about 30 years till she died of cancer several years back. Mr Woods soon joined her nearly 2 years ago, havin died of heart problems I imagine. I had found him lyin on the job site a few times cuz his heart was failing. I still miss that old black man from time to time.

Mr. Woods, So long Capn Boss Man.

she sold the dog...oh snap! that's funny...

i'll get to it one of these days when i have time to really sit down and think of some of the folks i knew...

Today would have been my mom's 55th birthday. Right at midnight, the turn to her birthday, i saw 2 huge shooting stars. Made me smile. My neighbor saw 2 more so I Googled it and there is a mild meteor shower from the 14th-16th. But it still made me feel like it was a sign. I haven't seen a shooting star in years and tonight was the biggest one ive ever seen. Larger than a baseball and it was white with red...almost looked like flames. Crazy. Anyway, happy birthday mom, the most giving, selfless woman ill ever know.

nice. you do know...red and white mixed together makes pink.

wish her a happy birthday from me too.

Back