1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Today I changed out my EDC CCW sidearm

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by nitesite, Jul 31, 2020 at 11:37 PM.

1. nitesite

nitesite Sheepdog Moderator "Philanthropist"

For three or four years my CCW gun was a 7+1 single stack 9mm, usually just dropped in a pocket. I was perfectly fine with it.

But with these more recent times and events, and the fact that when I am out in the city I am 90% with my wife, I have made the decision to ditch the pocket gun, and relegate it for just around the house and yard.

So I have three great loves of handguns.

~ Revolvers - of which I have several in centerfire. But like the pocket gun my maximum firepower is eight rounds of .357 magnum and more usually just six..

~ 1911s - of which I have a few. But I still have but eight shots in the pistol, just like my 9mm pocket pistol and my PC627 revolver.

~ The CZ75 - of which I have two; both full size. One is brushed stainless and one is the black CZ polycoat. Seventeen rounds and they shoot like an absolute dream.

Starting tomorrow if I go somewhere off my property it is a CZ75B OWB.
  2. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ 12g Supporter

Well it’s good to know that you’re not expecting real trouble.

trouble=shotgun of course...

I feel very lucky that I don’t feel the pressure to carry all the time. For me it’s very irregular because very few of the places I would normally go put me in that kind of situation.

Our CCW law is a real PITA because you have to CCW certify every firearm you intend to carry. Of course there’s a fee every time you go to certify.

If they catch you carrying a gun that you are not CCW certified with, you can lose your CCW.

In our county I do not think that you would automatically lose it unless you were committing a crime at the time or they caught you in a suspicious situation.
  3. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

I didn't know if this was a poll but my vote was for the 1911, condition 1... :D Nice long accurate barrel, you hit, badguy/gal doesn't get back up... ;)
    meanstreak and nitesite like this.
  4. Water Monkey

Water Monkey The man, the myth, the monkey Moderator Supporter

9mm kills the body. 45acp kills the soul :nana:
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

Money money money. The government never gets enough of our money.
  6. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

I've just been carrying the sig p365 with 12+1 mag. Mostly in my pocket though I do have an IWB alienware holster for when I'm wanting to be more discrete because it does print in my front pocket but I don't care.

Nothing wrong with the cz at all though. I love my turkish clone (canik s120). It's probably the best shooting 9mm handgun that I own to be honest. Even better than the Beretta Centurion, which is not really a slouch either.

Since you're open carrying, may I suggest that you look into the Sars K245 and K245 c (compact). I know that I've mentioned them to you before nitesite, but they are 14 round double stack 45acp that fits your hand perfectly and point so naturally. They are also based off the browning/cz design. I wish I lived close enough to drop by after work to let you shoot it so you could judge for yourself, but the K245 has been my primary HD handgun for several years now. Double action. Can carry cocked and locked. Adjustable windage/elevation rear to dial it in exactly. It's truly a fantastic handgun and if you can find one, generally hover around $450 or less. (don't tell everyone but they're so well made they're worth double that).

If you ever get a chance to handle one or shoot one, I would be really surprised if you walked away disappointed. I didn't watch the whole video, but what I saw, he hit on some of the things that I noticed about the gun too.

meanstreak likes this.
  7. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

I've never had or even wanted a .45. After reading the posts here and watching the video I might have a change of mind.
  8. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

They are really good guns meanstreak.

And if you do your part, plenty accurate too.

I admit that I did this one on a rest after I zero'd the iron sights because I wanted to see what the gun itself was capable of an to reduce my footprint on it as much as possible. It's much more capable than I am. I assure you. But that is a whole mag and what 14 bullet holes look like at 10 yards. The circle/bullseye was just traced from a roll of masking tape for reference.

[​IMG]